I have a Schecter Blackjack ATX FloydRose
and I can't tune below DropC# or my bridge will colapse.
any idea how I could fix this?
loosen the screws in the back or tighten them

i forget what one

edit: found

When the strings are at the desired pitch, check to see if the bridge base plate is sitting parallel with the top surface of the guitar. If the base plate is tilted forward away from the body, you must tighten the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws clockwise. If the base plate is tilted back toward the body, you must loosen the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws counterclockwise
Last edited by Guitar Skater at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by Guitar Skater
loosen the screws in the back or tighten them

i forget what one

edit: found

When the strings are at the desired pitch, check to see if the bridge base plate is sitting parallel with the top surface of the guitar. If the base plate is tilted forward away from the body, you must tighten the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws clockwise. If the base plate is tilted back toward the body, you must loosen the tremolo springs tension by turning the spring claw screws counterclockwise

Make sure you tighten (or loosen) the screws evenly.
G3AR:

-Jackson DkMG Dinky
-VoX valvetronics AD30
-Marshall JCM2000 triple super lead
-black beauties
you have to adjust the spring tension so that the bridge sets parallel to the body.

and yes you have to do this every time you change tuning. if you have a floyd rose, you pretty much need to find one tuning and stick to it. and if you're tuning to that low you may need to remove one of the springs if the adjustment screws are backed out too far.

another tip for low tuning- trying to tune down below Eb with 9s sounds like a wet fart