Hey guys. To anyone that remembers last week I made a thread about choosing a distortion and chorus pedal and in the end I decided on the Bass Big Muff and Digitech Multi-Chorus but to an Australian like me those pedals are too hard to find or ridiculously expensive compared to the American price. But I've seen this Ashdown Drive Plus and Chorus Plus and a reasonable price. They look pretty versatile and sturdy, but what are your opinions on these pedals? I cant play them because it's online. Thanks.
Can't you go try some other brands real-time ? The best opinion is the one coming from you right now, and buying in a physical shop prevents you from two things: messy customer service with warranties etc, AND the fact that the one you get is the one you pick, you know it works and you're sure of your shot.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
Can't you go try some other brands real-time ? The best opinion is the one coming from you right now, and buying in a physical shop prevents you from two things: messy customer service with warranties etc, AND the fact that the one you get is the one you pick, you know it works and you're sure of your shot.

That's very true. but bass pedals are almost non-existant in Australian music stores. My regular place has one bass pedal which is the Boss Synth which I don't want and the huge music store Allan's Music has a Boss ODB-3 and CEB-3 which are both $300+ which is ridiculously overpriced considering the US price is less than $100.
Don't you have any relatives/friends/whatever around anywhere else in the world ? They could hook you up with a nice non-overpriced thing, even if the shipping costs some, you'll know what you'll get is good enough.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
Don't you have any relatives/friends/whatever around anywhere else in the world ? They could hook you up with a nice non-overpriced thing, even if the shipping costs some, you'll know what you'll get is good enough.

I don't have any major overseas relatives or friends. I'm really more so just asking everyone what they think of these two Ashdown pedals.
There great as it goes. I have the drive plus. The drive plus is great maybe a slightly fuzzy overdrive when you want more high end to it or want more roar,, but its still great. The chorus sounds good as well, but theres better, see if you can find an EBS Unichorus somewere. Expensive but well worth it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
There great as it goes. I have the drive plus. The drive plus is great maybe a slightly fuzzy overdrive when you want more high end to it or want more roar,, but its still great. The chorus sounds good as well, but theres better, see if you can find an EBS Unichorus somewere. Expensive but well worth it.

With your drive, can you get heavily distorted tones sort of like Hellhammer (pre-Celtic Frost, CF maybe have the tone too, haven't listened to them much) and can mellow out if needed? Do these pedals (mainly the chorus) make this hissing I've been hearing about? The chorus seems like a good buy with the delay and flanger also in it too.
Well, i dont really play metal, but it can go heavy, you can control the low pass and the high pass on it, so its really adjutsable.

The Ebs Unichorus, has a chorus, pitch, and flanger. But i havent spent that long with the ashdown chorus, but it was fairly good,
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Well, i dont really play metal, but it can go heavy, you can control the low pass and the high pass on it, so its really adjutsable.

The Ebs Unichorus, has a chorus, pitch, and flanger. But i havent spent that long with the ashdown chorus, but it was fairly good,

Alright thanks, I don't really want to go for the Unichorus because it's out of my price range and all I can really get are these Ashdown's. With all this said you you think the Drive and Chorus plus are good pedals for a bass player that's been playing for around 8 months? I recently got a job and wanted more inspiration to continually play bass and I feel getting these may make me happier and want to play longer, but I don't want to be disappointed.
Yep they wont disappoint, and they sound good. Just get a daisy chain and plug for them cause they do sap batteries. But theyll be great for you.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I own a Ashdown compressor. Although the price tag would suggest it's nothing fancy, I really like it. The only thing is that it clips fairly easy if you don't use an external power supply. Other than that, it's great.
On the other hand, I also own an EBS... Multidrive. It's a beast. Sturdy, easy to operate. They are quite a bit more expensive, almost twice the price of the ashdowns. Don't let this stop you, try looking used aswell.
You can't really go wrong with any of the brands, just a little better with the EBS of course, but then you'll have to pay up, naturally.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!