Page 1 of 2
Wassup

A short question, but you will probably have a long answer.

Why the f**k is a triple rectifier so expensive? It's like 3 grand more than a JCM800 and more expensive than any other head in the guitar store's where I live.

Thanks
That's what mesa charges. I'm pretty sure you could've figured this out on your own....
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The Triple Rectifier utilizes 6 6L6 power tubes for 150 watts output power, with 3 5U4 Rectifier tubes.

- wikipedia.

thats why.
Quote by Kevin Saale
That's what mesa charges. I'm pretty sure you could've figured this out on your own....

wow someone's a douche. i want to know the reason it's so expensive, i.e. is it all that great?? tone, features, etc. stop being a ****ing dickhead
Well, use some common sense, it has a sh!tload of components, has about 20 frickin tubes and produces 150 watts. Not to mention it's made by a company known for making expensive amps.

I personally think it's a mediocre amp overall and total sh!t for the price. Just get a single rec or an older 2 channel dual rec.
Quote by sum_41_1942
wow someone's a douche. i want to know the reason it's so expensive, i.e. is it all that great?? tone, features, etc. stop being a ****ing dickhead

You've been here since 2007 and come into GGnA talking like that. Watch it before you get reported. Kevin, was right. A little research would have saved you from creating this. Besides, you didn't ask about features and value in your OP.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You've been here since 2007 and come into GGnA talking like that. Watch it before you get reported. Kevin, was right. A little research would have saved you from creating this. Besides, you didn't ask about features and value in your OP.

Too late for that. Already done.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

jeez. by my original post it was obvious that i wanted to know about the amp, features etc. and personally i find it easier and more interesting to ask in a forum about an amp, rather than just looking up the features on wikipedia or something similar. i like hearing people's opinion of the amps so please do me a favour and stop getting angry at me for no reason.
Quote by sum_41_1942
jeez. by my original post it was obvious that i wanted to know about the amp, features etc. and personally i find it easier and more interesting to ask in a forum about an amp, rather than just looking up the features on wikipedia or something similar. i like hearing people's opinion of the amps so please do me a favour and stop getting angry at me for no reason.

Nooo, it wasn't obvious. By your original post it looked like you weren't familiar with google, that's what I got out of it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Nooo, it wasn't obvious. By your original post it looked like you weren't familiar with google, that's what I got out of it.

well alright, maybe next time ill make the question completely obvious so fools like you dont go misinterpreting it and treating me like dirt. forums are made for communication, for chatting - discussing a product. in this case the triple rectifier. there's no reason to be a jerk on this, you could've just said nothing instead of make a smart ass comment.
This is funny. You can't use a simple search engine for an MSRP and you get pissy. And, you obviously can't type into a simple html...

Fun times.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by sum_41_1942
well alright, maybe next time ill make the question completely obvious so fools like you dont go misinterpreting it and treating me like dirt. forums are made for communication, for chatting - discussing a product. in this case the triple rectifier. there's no reason to be a jerk on this, you could've just said nothing instead of make a smart ass comment.

and there's a searchbar, too.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by sum_41_1942

I really don't see how that was a smart ass comment. It thoroughly and correctly answered your question. I also answered your other question, in fact I'm the only one, yet you still proceed to call me names.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I really don't see how that was a smart ass comment. It thoroughly and correctly answered your question. I also answered your other question, in fact I'm the only one, yet you still proceed to call me names.

"That's what mesa charges. I'm pretty sure you could've figured this out on your own...." that is smart ass so be quiet. and in response to your answer thanks, and i cant afford a triple rectifier anyway so i was wondering why it costs so much.
and to the other people commenting, stop saying "cos you cant type a html" and stuff like that, didnt you read that i like hearing peoples personal opinions and to make a discussion out of things?
I still don't see the smart assery, it's the correct answer. Now, had you been more specific then that might be construed as smart ass, but I would still be correct. The fact is most of mesas stuff is kind of overpriced, especially once you're outside the US. If you wanna know more about an amp the best advice is to play it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I still don't see the smart assery, it's the correct answer. Now, had you been more specific then that might be construed as smart ass, but I would still be correct. The fact is most of mesas stuff is kind of overpriced, especially once you're outside the US. If you wanna know more about an amp the best advice is to play it.

ok thanks, now im just pissed off at other people. it could or it could not be classified as smart assery. in australia the triple rectifier is 5200 australian dollars. im gonna take a look at the single rectifier. also, the JVM410H but apparently its prone to failure and a bit overdone.
Oh, you're down under. Mesa is a terrible consideration, they are grossly overpriced anywhere beside the US.

Lets' make this simpler, what's your budget? What genres are you play/tones do you want to achieve? Are you gigging, bedroom, jamming, what?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Oh, you're down under. Mesa is a terrible consideration, they are grossly overpriced anywhere beside the US.

Lets' make this simpler, what's your budget? What genres are you play/tones do you want to achieve? Are you gigging, bedroom, jamming, what?

hey sweet, you're actually nice!

well, my budget is maximum of probably 3 grand, give or take a bit. for reference, the JCM800 is 3 grand here, and so is the JVM410H.

my band mainly plays covers of bands like blink 182, sum 41, the living end, and bands like that (yes i know you're probably sighing). we have a decent amount of our own stuff which is kind of alternative rock, a lot darker than blink.

In my spare time I do play some classic rock and such like, but the amp will be mainly used for the band, practicing in the garage, and also some smallish gigs at youth clubs and stuff like that.
So, alternative pretty much? (I happen to like some of blinks stuff).

Hrmm, I'd stay away from the marshalls, not really a fan of their current stuff, especially for that price. JCM800 would probably do you well, if not for the price.

I'll admit I'm not real familiar with amps in that price range, especially considering I have no idea what you can get down there.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, use some common sense, it has a sh!tload of components, has about 20 frickin tubes and produces 150 watts. Not to mention it's made by a company known for making expensive amps.

I personally think it's a mediocre amp overall and total sh!t for the price. Just get a single rec or an older 2 channel dual rec.

honestly, i thought Mesa's were the Sh it. but when i tried a Express 5:5- AND a Triple Recto, i wasn't impressed. maybe it was because i didn't want to crank it out of common courtesy but it really sounced awful. i was let down.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
honestly, i thought Mesa's were the Sh it. but when i tried a Express 5:5- AND a Triple Recto, i wasn't impressed. maybe it was because i didn't want to crank it out of common courtesy but it really sounced awful. i was let down.

There are some mesas that I really like, the lonestar is an all around awesome amp. The F/DC series (discontinued) can be found for around 600 bucks in the US and are awesome amps for the money. I really wanna try a stilleto and a Mark II or III The rectifiers are extremely mediocre to me though.
Quote by Kevin Saale
So, alternative pretty much? (I happen to like some of blinks stuff).

Hrmm, I'd stay away from the marshalls, not really a fan of their current stuff, especially for that price. JCM800 would probably do you well, if not for the price.

I'll admit I'm not real familiar with amps in that price range, especially considering I have no idea what you can get down there.

ok, thanks anyway dude. im gonna take a look at the JCM800 once i get a bit more money. we have a lot down here but it'd take too long to tell you.
I'm confused.....

The Mesa Boogies I know aren't 3k a piece...excluding the Road King of course....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I'm confused.....

The Mesa Boogies I know aren't 3k a piece...excluding the Road King of course....

hmmmmmm, im in australia and the triple rec head is 5 grand, the double is like 4500 and the single is like maybe 3 or something. 5 grand australian dollars is about 3800 US dollars.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I'm confused.....

The TS is an ausie.
Quote by sum_41_1942
hmmmmmm, im in australia and the triple rec head is 5 grand, the double is like 4500 and the single is like maybe 3 or something. 5 grand australian dollars is about 3800 US dollars.

that really sucks

i wish i could give you a good review of the mesa but after blindingly worshipping them and trying out a dual recto and a Triple Recto, i really was dissapointed. maybe it was the fact that i couldn't crank it due to common courtesy but i disliked the gain channels with a passion.

try them out. maybe you'll like the
cuz i really didn't
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by theoreticmusic
Too late for that. Already done.

lol, you reported me for a bit of swearing and getting angry at someone? kinda sad, especially considering we've already gotten over it.
Quote by SomebodySomeone
that really sucks

i wish i could give you a good review of the mesa but after blindingly worshipping them and trying out a dual recto and a Triple Recto, i really was dissapointed. maybe it was the fact that i couldn't crank it due to common courtesy but i disliked the gain channels with a passion.

try them out. maybe you'll like the
cuz i really didn't

yeah im gonna try out a single recto as i cant afford the rest, ill probably get a marshall or a peavey as they're considerably cheaper here. thanks anyways.
Quote by sum_41_1942
yeah im gonna try out a single recto as i cant afford the rest, ill probably get a marshall or a peavey as they're considerably cheaper here. thanks anyways.

yup. i recommend trying out teh Peavey JSX. i really liked the tones i got out of it.

just make sure to try out as many amps out as possible before making a decision
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
yup. i recommend trying out teh Peavey JSX. i really liked the tones i got out of it.

just make sure to try out as many amps out as possible before making a decision

yeah, will do. the only thing i dont like about peavey's is the look lol, i prefer the marshalls on that front :P. i have a multi effects pedal and my favourite setting is a simulation of a peavey 5150 stack (im pretty sure) so ill check out some peaveys.
Quote by sum_41_1942
yeah, will do. the only thing i dont like about peavey's is the look lol, i prefer the marshalls on that front :P. i have a multi effects pedal and my favourite setting is a simulation of a peavey 5150 stack (im pretty sure) so ill check out some peaveys.

just keep in mind, just because it says "Marshall" on the logo doesn't mean it's the greatest amp in the world.

i don't have any experience with the 5150 but i've been told it's a one channel amp designed for High Gain Metal.

either way, like i said before, try them ALL out until you find one you like
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by sum_41_1942

If you really care about the looks enough you could go completly mad and put a peavey into a marshall type chassis.
Peaveys JSX is a great amplifier.
I really enjoy the lead channel and the clean channel.
The overdrive is also very nice but the cleans are were it really impressed me.

EDIT:
The 5150/6505 is a 2 channel high gain amplifier.
Originaly designed for Eddie Van halen, has become an extreemly popular amp with the modern metal scene.

The clean channel has a gain knob that gets into chrunch areas and a switch that turn it into a full rock style overdrive when needed.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Feb 28, 2009,
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']If you really care about the looks enough you could go completly mad and put a peavey into a marshall type chassis.
Peaveys JSX is a great amplifier.
I really enjoy the lead channel and the clean channel.
The overdrive is also very nice but the cleans are were it really impressed me.
touche

i tried it yesterday with a EB Musicman John Petrucci Family Reserve with Piezos. complete bliss
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
touche

i tried it yesterday with a EB Musicman John Petrucci Family Reserve with Piezos. complete bliss

How did you so easily find my Tone G Spot?

Edit: Notice the Petrucci Avatar of mine
Get an Orange amp, those things are beastly.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']How did you so easily find my Tone G Spot?

Edit: Notice the Petrucci Avatar of mine

coincidence
but seriously, i was pissed( as well as happy) that they had a EBMMJP on the floor
they usually have them behind the counter and have to ask for one.

great guitar with a great amp. just an orgasmic tone if you ask me
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Page 1 of 2