Okay, got an Ibanez RG shortly after christmas, and i've come to the realization that the edge III trem system sucks. How hard would it be to rip that bastard out of there and put in a true Floyd?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
you will need to dowel and redrill the holes for the studs, plus have to reroute. Check out the ultimate floyd rose thread for further info
A friend of mine is a guitar tech and someone brought in an Ibanez with an Edge 3 wanting to put an OFR in there. He couldn't move the holes for the studs cause theres no room, pretty routed out already, so he had to shift the neck. The saddles end at different points between the 2 bridges thats why. Hardly worth all the effort on such a cheap guitar but the guy wanted it done.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
A friend of mine is a guitar tech and someone brought in an Ibanez with an Edge 3 wanting to put an OFR in there. He couldn't move the holes for the studs cause theres no room, pretty routed out already, so he had to shift the neck. The saddles end at different points between the 2 bridges thats why. Hardly worth all the effort on such a cheap guitar but the guy wanted it done.

It depends on what the guitar is. Some models can be swapped easily, others it can be difficult and you need to mod the body to accept the OFR. Other than the trem, lower end Ibanez guitars are actually quite good.