How difficult is it to accomplish such a task? Wouldn't security just pwn you if you come to close to ask for a pic?
any tips?
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Or you could grow up and come to your senses that they're just people.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
depends on the musician. some will be cool with it and do photo ops with the crowd, but usually if it's someone really famous, they tend not to...

edit: ^^he speaks the truth, though.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
I have a picture of me with Godsmack. But it was a meet and greet before the show, so there was a few other people in the photo op. But I definitely grabbed Shannon's ass.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
I'm going to see Eric Clapton on the 10th. If anyone has any ideas they should post them before then. I not only wanna test this for the TS but i really wanna meet Clapton and tell him how i can play "sunshine of your love".
PS, I'm 14 years old too so if anyone has any "help, wheres daddy" sort of ideas they're welcome too.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Xiaoxi
Or you could grow up and come to your senses that they're just people.

True. It's not the same thing as finding Joe over there on the street and getting your picture taken with him as it is with a famous musician though. Even though they're both just guys/girls.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Jacoiskoby
I'm going to see Eric Clapton on the 10th. If anyone has any ideas they should post them before then. I not only wanna test this for the TS but i really wanna meet Clapton and tell him how i can play "sunshine of your love".
PS, I'm 14 years old too so if anyone has any "help, wheres daddy" sort of ideas they're welcome too.

Chances of meeting Clapton are virtually zero considering his age and the amount of fans who are already paying ridiculous amounts of money just for a seat.
i got pictures with Nick Hipa from As I Lay Dying and Oli from All That Remains. really nice dudes, they were stoked to take pictures. just treat them like NORMAL people, not famous people. act normal around them, dont be all like "omg omg omg!!!". thats annoying.
Quote by Stentroll
True. It's not the same thing as finding Joe over there on the street and getting your picture taken with him as it is with a famous musician though. Even though they're both just guys/girls.

Well, that depends. Is Joe also a fantastic musician? If so, it's pretty much the same thing. I've had the opportunity to meet plenty of famous musicians in the past year, but the thing is I also know plenty of people around me everyday who are as good if not better. And when it comes down to it, I don't know these celebrities personally. I could admire their works, but what does that really require other than a spoken appreciation for the famous artists?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well some might like doing photo seshs and meeting their fans, ive only really met lesser known bands-Zebrahead, Kill Hannah,Go Audio and Roger from Less Than Jake.
Quote by Jacoiskoby

i lol'd hard
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by kriss08
well some might like doing photo seshs and meeting their fans, ive only really met lesser known bands-Zebrahead, Kill Hannah,Go Audio and Roger from Less Than Jake.

Who doesn't? But it becomes ridiculous and superficial when one goes out his way to get a photo or autograph for the sake of the touch of fame.

Quote by Jacoiskoby
I not only wanna test this for the TS but i really wanna meet Clapton and tell him how i can play "sunshine of your love".

In the style of Christian Bale: "OOOOHH GOOD FOR YOU."

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 28, 2009,
I agree with Xiaoxi.

For an autograph I don't care, for a jamsession i'd kill though, given it's an artist I like

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I agree with Xiaoxi.

For an autograph I don't care, for a jamsession i'd kill though, given it's an artist I like

Yeah, but I'd kill just the same for a session with the local STUDENT jazz pianist and jazz violinist that I saw perform on a modest stage for a standard recital. They blew me away.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, that depends. Is Joe also a fantastic musician? If so, it's pretty much the same thing. I've had the opportunity to meet plenty of famous musicians in the past year, but the thing is I also know plenty of people around me everyday who are as good if not better. And when it comes down to it, I don't know these celebrities personally. I could admire their works, but what does that really require other than a spoken appreciation for the famous artists?

Good point, really. I guess what matters isn't musical ability, it's more about the artist in question's fame. If Joe were an incredible musician and I'd get my picture taken with him, the 13 year old with a picture of her and the Jonas brothers would receive more appreciation for it. I guess that's not what matters either. It's more important how I feel about the picture myself.

Argh, now you got me thinking about everything .
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yeah, but I'd kill just the same for a session with the local STUDENT jazz pianist and jazz violinist that I saw perform on a modest stage for a standard recital. They blew me away.

Yes but ur in a music school and I live in a back hood in Amsterdam. I don't have those all around me.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Clapton? 0-none. No friggin way unless you break in back stage, knock out all of the security, get the 50 year old groupies out of his room and hold him at gunpoint. That is, if you catch him before he falls asleep. I mean, he IS getting old now.
Quote by Stentroll
Good point, really. I guess what matters isn't musical ability, it's more about the artist in question's fame.

Which is the issue I was addressing.

Quote by xxdarrenxx
Yes but ur in a music school and I live in a back hood in Amsterdam. I don't have those all around me.

I guess, and I'd admit that the frequency of fantastic artists have definitely "desensitized" me in a way. But even before, it didn't matter that much. They're still just people. Amsterdam may not be known musically, but there's bound to be some great musicians in it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Which is the issue I was addressing.

Exactly, I agree with you.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Xiaoxi

Not everyone is you, however.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
Not everyone is you, however.

Yea, but they should try.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Okay, what I said in that post did come across too self-centered. But the point I was trying to make is that it's still excessive to try to get a photo or an autograph just for the thought of having an interaction with a celebrity, because they're still just people. The only difference is that they have a bigger reputation than you and I.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I got plenty of pics with me and as blood runs black. My band played with them at a show that we threw a few years back. I got the pictures on my myspace to prove it
www.myspace.com/mrfluffball

under the 1st page of pics
I've gotten a picture of me with Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayil. Unfortunately, the camera which had taken the photo has sank to the bottom of Lake Washington.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
The only way that RUSH does photo ops is if you win a contest, then you get to meet Alex and Ged......lucky buggers who win....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
After the show, go to the local airport. Follow the signs that say "General Aviation". Not a guarantee, but if he flew in he'll likely leave the same way. Google your local airport and look for FBOs (Fixed Base Operators), specifically the ones that sell JetA. You'll probably see names like Signature Flight Support, Piedmont, or Cessna (who also manufactures aircraft) They provide fuel and service for private and corporate aircraft. The security is nonexistent, other than a customer service girl asking if she can help you. Just sit in the lobby and pick up a magazine. I once worked for Atlantic Aero, loads of celebs all the time. Unfortunately, I was too busy loading their damn luggage while being screamed at by their manager to get much enjoyment out of it. In a big city, you may go to the wrong airport (Atlanta has over 20 within a twenty mile radius), and even if you get the airport right you may go to the wrong FBO, but it's decent odds, particularly if you don't look or act like a stalker who followed him there. Dress nice and leave the concert shirt in the car. Alcohol on your breath or loud swearing is bad, since most of the customers in there will be middle-aged wealthy white republicans. Anyone says anything, tell them you are thinking about taking flight training lessons and you just came to shop their books.

And take a four leaf clover and a horseshoe, because you are about to waste a lot of time if he rode a bus.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

I tried to get my picture with Mike Goldman from Big Brother Australia, but security wouldn't allow it

Quote by Jacoiskoby

I fucking HATE you!
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by Jacoiskoby

aww man.. id have loved to go to that.. did you get good seats?
I'm not saying that celebrities aren't people im just saying they can sometimes they can be different.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I have a pic of me and black sabbath only costed 800 of me and my dad's hard earned cash
Quote by ~Moby Dick~

aww man.. id have loved to go to that.. did you get good seats?

I think i'm in section 55. Its on the side. I got bronze tickets for 99.90. Platinum seats were 500 bucks i think. They warned my my view would be obstructed. So yeah, pretty much the worst seats in the whole arena. Better than yours though
I'm sorry.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg