what styles of music do you play?
budget?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
OMG YES!!! GET ONE GET IT NOW!!! I just got a vypyr and they are INCREDIBLE!! SOOO many built in stuff, its incredible man, and for 300 bucks! mine was a 30w and it was $530! get it!
try before you buy remember
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by ColbyDTD
yes I am

No you're not. Only the 60W and 120W are tube amps. It's technically just not possible to make a 75W tube amp with 6L6 tubes.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^Yeah, what he said. When you go to check them out, make sure you're looking at the TUBE VYPYR 60watt

personally id get a real tube amp, and just get a multi effects if i wanted all that flexibility.

the tube vypyr is alright it falls short on tone for me, but its probly the crap speaker they have in it.

Id take it over a valveking definately tough.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Feb 28, 2009,
I disagree. I think the tube vypyr sounds 10 times better than a valveking. For one it has the same power section as the 6505 so the 6505 model alone is worth the price. It sounds just like having a 6505 combo amp. The twin model is amazing. You can't even tell it's a modeling amp really. It doesn't work the way other modelers do. Plus the power section is all tube anyway so you're getting that true tube tone. The preamp has one tube and the rest is solid state but you can't tell it's not a full tube amp. The tone is pretty amazing. And I was one of these people who didn't believe in modelers. Before the vypyr I hated modelers I said I'd never buy one again. But I have a lot of high gain high wattage amp heads and I could never play them at home only at band practice. I've been looking for an amp that had their tone but would go good with lower volume. The vypyr tube did it. Not only will it sound good at low volume it will go really really loud.

The valveking just sucks. And the speaker in the 60 watt tube vypyr works perfect for that amp. They researched what would sound best and did it right. I know some people who have replaced the speakers with 75's and v30's and ended up going back to the stock speaker.

I think you're assuming they put a crap speaker in it and assuming it doesn't sound like a real tube amp and it does. Of course I didn't believe it either until I tried it then I had to buy it.
Quote by hcsn2008
I disagree. I think the tube vypyr sounds 10 times better than a valveking. For one it has the same power section as the 6505 so the 6505 model alone is worth the price. It sounds just like having a 6505 combo amp. The twin model is amazing. You can't even tell it's a modeling amp really. It doesn't work the way other modelers do. Plus the power section is all tube anyway so you're getting that true tube tone. The preamp has one tube and the rest is solid state but you can't tell it's not a full tube amp. The tone is pretty amazing. And I was one of these people who didn't believe in modelers. Before the vypyr I hated modelers I said I'd never buy one again. But I have a lot of high gain high wattage amp heads and I could never play them at home only at band practice. I've been looking for an amp that had their tone but would go good with lower volume. The vypyr tube did it. Not only will it sound good at low volume it will go really really loud.

The valveking just sucks. And the speaker in the 60 watt tube vypyr works perfect for that amp. They researched what would sound best and did it right. I know some people who have replaced the speakers with 75's and v30's and ended up going back to the stock speaker.

I think you're assuming they put a crap speaker in it and assuming it doesn't sound like a real tube amp and it does. Of course I didn't believe it either until I tried it then I had to buy it.

noone is going to take you seriously with that attitude. youre clearly up to your neck in denial
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
A Vypyr 60W or 120W tube one sounds pretty good, but how some guy is actually saying it's better then a Valveking is ridiculous.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
It probably is.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.