I'm currently looking at either a Line 6 Pod XTL or a vox tonelab LE.

I'm mainly looking for getting as close to a slash tone as I can because I love that tone so much and half the time im playing, its gnr stuff.

Do you guys think either of those would get pretty close? I was on Line 6's website and they have sample called "glassy LP" and it sounds alot like slash. http://line6.com/podfarm/sounds.html

What do u guys think?
The Vox Tonelab is a really nice bit of work, you might find the Line 6 a bit digital. However the fact of the matter is, the Line 6 sounds great once you tweak a bit. But have you tried getting a Slash sound out of your amp first?
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by goonerbynature
The Vox Tonelab is a really nice bit of work, you might find the Line 6 a bit digital. However the fact of the matter is, the Line 6 sounds great once you tweak a bit. But have you tried getting a Slash sound out of your amp first?

I have and doesn't sound very good. Plus, my amp is way too loud for an apartment and I need something for silent playing.
Ok, then yeah these two are good choice, but you could also look at this option, if you'll shell out the money, although t should be in your budget-

Adrenalinn III made by Roger Linn Design
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/adrenalinn3/adrenalinn3.shtml

And along with it,

a Behringer FCB1010 footswitch

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFCB1010

With these two you're gonna get a real wide variety of tones, and really good quality, as well as a level of control you cannot get with either the ToneLab or the POD. Also, together they cost approximately the same as those 2 pedals.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

that does look like a good alternative , however Im still leaning towards the other 2 because I can use a payment plan with them on zzsounds lol.
I'm sure you can find a similar deal for these on zzsounds, try. There's no point sacrificing good tone for a few bucks.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Well, zzsounds doesn't sell the adrenalinn unfortunately. If i could afford to 550 bucks at once I would seriously consider it, but I just dont have that kind of money and wont have it for some time.
I like my XT Live
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
the tonelab le is awesome. great with headphones, or into your amp. lots of great features. very solid unit, not plastic and cheap feeling like the pod. wide variety of sounds, plus the tonelab has a compressor and acoustic simulator, two things the pod doesnt.
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by chagmaier
the tonelab le is awesome. great with headphones, or into your amp. lots of great features. very solid unit, not plastic and cheap feeling like the pod. wide variety of sounds, plus the tonelab has a compressor and acoustic simulator, two things the pod doesnt.

Um.. POD has compressor and acoustic sim plus 12 string sim (not to mention 32 amp models) and the XT Live is built like a tank. Been stomping on it for over 2 years a couple hrs a day with no issues.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I have an X3 Live and had a Vox Tonelab tabletop multifx. The X3 is the clear winner for tone. But that's not exactly what you are comparing. They will probably both do a great job.
I have had a Tonelab LE for only a month, and I'm still figuring it out, so take this lightly. I tried out the XT Live and the Tonelab LE with a SS amp (that's all I have, anyway), and I preferred how the Tonelab sounded (plus how it's operated). It's not quite a full tube stack (I still wish I had a Marshall full stack after hearing it) but it's not quite so digital. If you're using them just for effects and playing through a tube amp then you'll probably find the POD's have more effects. You'll want a tube somewhere between you and your guitar to get a _real_ Slash tone, whatever you do.

Just try it out in the store, but make sure you're playing through an amp similar to yours.