Well after working at my job for 2 years, last year i was given a promotion to be in charge of cashing up at night after the store closes and making tills up etc in the morning ready for the next day of trading. After a good solid 3 months of working there i was fired from that position for not meeting the mark because of my dyslexia. I went apesh*t at my managers claiming discrimination and told her i would go public. Her words to me were, I'll keep you on the same rate of pay if you keep quiet. So i did, until yesterday when i got my wage slip in and noticed that on top of my salary (£500) i was not given my accrual from last month and overtime that I did for that month, so hence I complained. I was then told the reason I hadnt recieved either my accural or overtime pay was because I was still salaried and those on a salary do not recieve either, despite me recieving the overtime I did after I got fired. So my manager (different one who fired me from my cash office job) took me off the salary claming i shouldnt have been getting that money in the first place, despite the circumstances and refused to give me an extra shift to make up the lost amount claiming they "had nothing". So now my monthly salary is down to £150 all because they never paid me properly this month.

What do you guys reckon I should do/say when i go in today?

Cheers
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
Threatening to sue=bad relations. That said, if you are truly unhappy, i'd quit
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by mario128
Well after working at my job for 2 years, last year i was given a promotion to be in charge of cashing up at night after the store closes and making tills up etc in the morning ready for the next day of trading. After a good solid 3 months of working there i was fired from that position for not meeting the mark because of my dyslexia. I went apesh*t at my managers claiming discrimination and told her i would go public. Her words to me were, I'll keep you on the same rate of pay if you keep quiet. So i did, until yesterday when i got my wage slip in and noticed that on top of my salary (£500) i was not given my accrual from last month and overtime that I did for that month, so hence I complained. I was then told the reason I hadnt recieved either my accural or overtime pay was because I was still salaried and those on a salary do not recieve either, despite me recieving the overtime I did after I got fired. So my manager (different one who fired me from my cash office job) took me off the salary claming i shouldnt have been getting that money in the first place, despite the circumstances and refused to give me an extra shift to make up the lost amount claiming they "had nothing". So now my monthly salary is down to £150 all because they never paid me properly this month.

What do you guys reckon I should do/say when i go in today?

Cheers

Well, THAT was a brilliant fuck move. Was it fair that you got fired for not performing up to their standards? Uh, yeah, it was.
You're*
His location says Scotland though. Laws may actually protect against that over there My state is a Right to Work state, which are pretty much just anti union laws pervasive throughout the deep south that would be more appropriately named Right to Fire indescriminately. Employers can't fire for handicap, race, religion, etc..., but they can absolutely fire for no reason at all. Which pretty much nullifies discrimination laws.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Yeah dude, it's not discrimination if it's effecting your job performance...the basis of anti-discrimination laws is to make sure if you can do a job as well as anyone else you should be allowed to despite whatever your problem is, not give you a job you can't do as well simply because of it
"Be as radical as reality."
- V.I. Lenin
I'm gonna join in with what some people already said. See if it's illegal. If it is, you should probably go to your union (if you're in one) or some sort of government organization that protects worker's interests.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

If you can't do the job then your obviously not going to be kept on. You threatening to sue is where you went wrong.