Page 1 of 3
faith in modern music?

For me it's gonna have to be Blessed By A Broken Heart and Escape The Fate. Guitar-based rock with a combination of old-school rock and modern metalcore, makes me happy What about you guys?

PS-if you've never heard of either band, click the links and listen to these songs:
Blessed By A Broken Heart - Show Me What You've Got, Move Your Body
Escape The Fate - This War Is Ours (The Guillotine pt.2), The Flood, The Guillotine

Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by titsmcgee852
Muse!

How could I forget! I love Muse
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Babyshambles I guess. Although Pete is doing a solo career now. I guess it's him then although I don't like his solo stuff which tend to be acoustic.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Regression
The music industry is no worse now than it ever has been.

Amen.

Also Escape the Fate suck.

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
Amen.

Also Escape the Fate suck.

I was waiting for that
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
My faith in modern music has never been lost
But for the sake of the thread..
I think the entire progressive metal/rock stuff is probably the biggest and most innovative thing right now..
I already have faith is modern music cause its far from ****, i admit songs in the past tend to be better but some modern songs tend to be alot better than old songs, music isnt dead but saying it is, is a bandwagon.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I never really lost hope in modern music, there has always been good bands carrying the flag for rock music, as much as certain dickheads will say grunge killed the plague of hair metal (which I think was one of the best things in rock lol). But definitely bands like Incubus, Tool, The Mars Volta, Muse keep modern rock alive, and artists like Paramore keeping solid pop-rock just barely hanging on are worthy of mention. However, I disagree with lazy town, as controversial as it is, I think Blink 182 were one of the worst pop-punk acts in history and are only adding to that by releasing another album to continue their decline in 'quality'.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Chatmonchy, MC Frontalot, Duke Special.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
music is dong great right now
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
I've never really lost faith in modern music. I don't agree with alot of the mainstream stuff as it's very repetitive, but I've still found some gems in there.

Recently I've been getting heavily into Ayreon, and from that, I've discovered Stream of Passion (formed by Arjen Lucasson from Ayreon and Marcela Bovio), they released their first album in 2005. Seriously really good stuff, I agree certain bits are very mainstream sounding, but theres some really strange melodies in there. The guitarists pretty decent too.
Quote by Voldragon
I've never really lost faith in modern music. I don't agree with alot of the mainstream stuff as it's very repetitive, but I've still found some gems in there.

Recently I've been getting heavily into Ayreon, and from that, I've discovered Stream of Passion (formed by Arjen Lucasson from Ayreon and Marcela Bovio), they released their first album in 2005. Seriously really good stuff, I agree certain bits are very mainstream sounding, but theres some really strange melodies in there. The guitarists pretty decent too.

Stick to Dream Theater
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Stick to Dream Theater

I've not left them, just looking elsewhere while I wait for the new album.
Quote by B.do
music is dong great right now

In terms of rock music though, there's a hell of a lot of good bands that just can't be noticed, because there isn't as big a rock scene as there was back in the 60's or even the 80's/90's. Therefore, you've got great bands, that just can't afford to keep making music, despite how amazing they are.

Two of them for me would be Reuben and Million Dead
Also, InMe gives me hope for British rock, and thankfully they're still going strong
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by whatamidoinhere
In terms of rock music though, there's a hell of a lot of good bands that just can't be noticed, because there isn't as big a rock scene as there was back in the 60's or even the 80's/90's. Therefore, you've got great bands, that just can't afford to keep making music, despite how amazing they are.

Also, InMe gives me hope for British rock, and thankfully they're still going strong

****ing amazing band. I was actually listening to In Nothing We Trust earlier.. shame they broke up
i dont like escape the fate at all. my gf's been trying to get me into them, but my win senses never tingle
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by whatamidoinhere

the mainstream too is doing great, i like green day, mcr, bfmv, but also pretty good indie, i don't know if idlewild are still runnig but that would be great. i don't know about the metal scene, i don't listen to that much metal. And you're right there are a lot of great bands who don't get noticed well enough but not just british rock bands (which are awesome by the way) but also american alt-rock.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
The Killers.

That's right, I like indie(ish) rock.

In terms of "rock n' roll", I'm gonna have to go with Muse. And The White Stripes.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

personally, as a fan of classic rock and hard rock rather than the more mainstream, heavier modes of music that are out now, I was starting to wonder, but I'd have to say paramore and airbourne are alright.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Coheed.
Epiphone SG - modded like crazy and sent through hell and back
Crate Flexwave 120 watt half stack -

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Regression
The music industry is no worse now than it ever has been.

This.
STFU about music being in a poor state, it isn't.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Opeth
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Can't believe no one said the black keys! They're a cool blues-rock duo (VERY bluesy).

and dr dog's cool too. they kind of sound like a mix of the beatles/the beach boys/the band. If you like that kind of music then I suggest you check them out.

Black Keys Myspace
Dr. Dog's Myspace
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Feb 28, 2009,