I have to lower the action on an old acoustic, that doesn't have a truss rod. The neck is definetely bent.

I'm asking here because the retards in the guitar gear and accessories forum think they're genius because they say "Adjust the truss rod"

So, ye mighty pit...?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Be more like me. I don't get any action, at all.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by boreamor
...It must have a truss rod... The neck would snap under the pressure of the strings wouldn't it?

Nope, not if it's made out of a sufficiently hard wood.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Steam heat it for a day and a half and bend it out?
Quote by MrToucan
I have to lower the action on an old acoustic, that doesn't have a truss rod. The neck is definetely bent.

I'm asking here because the retards in the guitar gear and accessories forum think they're genius because they say "Adjust the truss rod"

So, ye mighty pit...?

There were 2 posts in that thread, you hadn't specified that it doesn't have a truss rod in the initial post, and the 2nd guy didn't say to adjust it. The first guy knows what he's talking about, truss rods are what fixes bowing. And the second guy just told you to check out the link in his sig, which is to a really well-written guide on guitar set up. I'd say calling them retards is a bit of a stretch, is it not? I also noticed nothing in that thread to imply that they think they're geniuses.
Quote by MrToucan

So, ye mighty pit...?

And this is the second wrong forum you've asked this in.
You're*