Okay, so my own experience through the course of life has left me asking some pretty serious questions involving how far you can trust people. I've noticed that a lot of people are fake and create an illusion of self image to hide parts of themselves from others. Now I have begun to see through the faces of people who lie strait to my face but sometimes I miss it. One thing I have learned is everyone does things for their own personal benefit. We as humans are selfish by nature.

So what I want to know from is how far to you trust people. Say, playing your guitar, using your things, driving your car. How far do you trust your girlfriend or boyfriend. Or anyone you date, like, or see everyday. How many of you have issues with trusting people?

I'm at the point where I take everything that is said to me as a lie and it is proven otherwise by actions. I guess my faith in people is drastically diminished.

Discuss.
Trust Nobody, Don't be no fool.
Internetz to anyone who knows what I'm listening to..

On Topic, I trust people more than I should
Last edited by TonalPerfection at Feb 28, 2009,
I trust nearly everyone. People aren't as bad as you try to portray them.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I find it very hard to trust people. I've been let down by people I thought I could trust too often.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Saying we as humans are selfish and do things for our own gain is stupid. EVERY LIVING CREATURE WORKS FOR IT'S OWN PERSONAL GAIN.

A lot of people hide parts of themselves out of shame, or to actually try to help others. We're probably the only living thing in existence to actually try to do things for another's gain.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I trust nearly everyone. People aren't as bad as you try to portray them.

Where the hell do you live? la la land? I would only trust everyone if i had nothing to lose. I use to be that way until i moved into a ghetto town and forcibly lifted the blinders from my eyes. Now I'm surrounded by people who will **** you over for anything. Its pathetic.
Quote by melchiah
Saying we as humans are selfish and do things for our own gain is stupid. EVERY LIVING CREATURE WORKS FOR IT'S OWN PERSONAL GAIN.

A lot of people hide parts of themselves out of shame, or to actually try to help others. We're probably the only living thing in existence to actually try to do things for another's gain.

we as a society try to help others yes. as an individual you arnt going to give up a sweet job opportunity to someone else just because you wanna help them out. I'm talking on the individual level. If someone likes helping people on the individual they are doing it because it gives them self satisfaction. Its still a selfish act.
Trust everyone around you, and fill out this chart.

Full Name:_____________

Home Address:_____________

Sex (check one): M _ F _ Yes please _

Credit card Number:__________
Exp.: ____

Social Security Number:________

Do you own a dog? Y/N

Is your house regularly unattended?

What are some of your fears?

Quote by bendystraw
Trust everyone around you, and fill out this chart.

Full Name:_____________

Home Address:_____________

Sex (check one): M _ F _ Yes please _

Credit card Number:__________
Exp.: ____

Social Security Number:________

Do you own a dog? Y/N

Is your house regularly unattended?

What are some of your fears?

You forgot to ask for the 3 digit security number on the back.
Tell em your deepest secret then Kill em,stuff em,best friends forever...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Crashton
we as a society try to help others yes. as an individual you arnt going to give up a sweet job opportunity to someone else just because you wanna help them out. I'm talking on the individual level. If someone likes helping people on the individual they are doing it because it gives them self satisfaction. Its still a selfish act.

i once gave a random woman 2 quid (which was pretty much all i had with me) cuz her car had broken down n she needed to use a pay phone (or at least some scenario like that). i was gutted when i actually gave her the money, but nevertheless, i did give it her. so, in short, what you just said was a load of crap, i got no self-satisfaction out of that whatsoever
Quote by Winsbury
i once gave a random woman 2 quid (which was pretty much all i had with me) cuz her car had broken down n she needed to use a pay phone (or at least some scenario like that). i was gutted when i actually gave her the money, but nevertheless, i did give it her. so, in short, what you just said was a load of crap, i got no self-satisfaction out of that whatsoever

That was done outta generosity and has nothing to do with trust. If she had promised you to pay you back that would have been a different story. And you were asked for help. People don't tend to get self-satisfaction out of things they are asked to do. It has to be done based on what you choose to do to gain self satisfaction. So no, what I said isn't crap.
I have the ability to see how peoples relationships will work out.
Belive me this.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Crashton
Where the hell do you live? la la land? I would only trust everyone if i had nothing to lose. I use to be that way until i moved into a ghetto town and forcibly lifted the blinders from my eyes. Now I'm surrounded by people who will **** you over for anything. Its pathetic.

And you're one of them, so shut up.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I'm very generous to my friends and perfectly happy to screw over anyone else.

I'm not above testing friends' loyalty because I like to know exactly how trustworthy and reliable they are. I don't hang on to people I can't rely on.
Last edited by smb at Feb 28, 2009,
I usually trust people too much.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I trust no one. For obvious reasons.

They're all after me lucky charms!!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by smb
I'm very generous to my friends and perfectly happy to screw over anyone else.

I'm not above testing friends' loyalty because I like to know exactly how trustworthy and reliable they are. I don't hang on to people I can't rely on.

this
ANYONE will **** you over the first chance they get to better themselves. This is true, no matter who it is, your dad, your girlfriend, your best friend. IT's all about themselves. Do you think people take a secvond to think about how their actions effect other people? **** NO.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
The way I work with trust is that you earn it over time with me, doesn't take too long to be fair, but you have once chance with it and if you break the trust, you won't ever fully get it again.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by Da Squiz
ANYONE will **** you over the first chance they get to better themselves. This is true, no matter who it is, your dad, your girlfriend, your best friend. IT's all about themselves. Do you think people take a second to think about how their actions effect other people? **** NO.

I will disagree with your "anyone". I was waiting for parents to come up. I was fortunate enough to have parents I trust. But at the same time i can understand where your coming from, i have a friend who hates his dad because of your reasoning. As for girls in general, as soon as they find someone whom they can trade up to they will do so. Friends are the worst, you let them into your world and then they will betray you to make themselves feel better or become more important to others. I believe its called being two faced. If I ever learn someone has talked bad about me behind my back I wont ever talk to them again.
when i first entered high school, i trusted a lot of people, and now i'm basically down to my girlfriend and one of my friends. Like my group of 4 friends are all good friends and stuff, you just can't rely on them for ****. it kinda sucks, but whatever i guess.
There are very few people that i totally trust. probably less than 5. Everyone is out to screw you
There's only one thing you can trust and that is your Penis for the most obvious reasons of course.