(i already searched and could not find a thread specific to roland cubes)

Well im planning on getting a cube 30 or 30x

i wanted to know if it's loud enough for a gig without mic-ing it up but more importantly: will my cube 30 still be able to be heard over the drums and other stuff? I know it has great effects and everyone says its extremly loud for 30w, but how loud exactly?
You're probably going to want the 60 if you're going to gig unmiced. There's a chance you won't need it, but I'd rather have overkill in most situations than end up underpowered in one.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
the 30 bottom line won't do it. good practice amp, yes. good gigging amp, no.
Get the 60, I have it and it's awesome. I have NEVER turned the volume past 3/10.
The Cube 30x might just do it, I'm not certain though, check out the Cube 60 or the new Cube 80. The Cube 30x might be enough though.

For homepractise it's absolutely loud enough I usually never turn mine past 3, it gets really loud at 5 alredy.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by Phat Stud 55
you can also buy the cheaper one which is 30W and buy a louder speaker for it. I bought a 40w amp it wasn't loud enough so it blew and then I put in a 80W speaker way better.

Uh...putting a louder speaker in an amp doesn't make it louder. It still has the same power section.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Metallica1554
bump

Why bump? You have your answer. A 30w SS amp unmiced is not going to be loud enough for almost all gigs. End of discussion.

Don't judge me.