I'm really split between the 3.

Yamaha FG730S
Seagull S6 Q1
Takamine EG340SC

FG730S -> 400$CAD
Pro: I like the bright sound of the rosewood back and sides with the bright spruce top.
Con: I have to spend more time and money to pick which preamp/pickup and get it installed.

Seagull S6 Q1 -> 430$CAD
Pro: Already an acoustic-electric.
Con: This is probably a warm sounding guitar because of the cherry and cedar.

EG340SC -> 460$CAD
Pro: Already an electric-acoustic.
Con: I don't like the placement of the preamp.

Can't make up my mind. What should i do?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
If you haven't already done this then, play them all and see which one you like the best, it's all about personal preference. Or you could just buy all three

EDIT: I would suggest buying which one sounds the best regardless of the preamp.
Last edited by TylerB1717 at Feb 28, 2009,
If I had the money to buy all three, I would buy a Taylor 614CE because of its bright sound from the solid big leaf maple.

Question. With a microphone, can I send the sound from the microphone into an amp? If so, which mic would be the best for under 75$ ?
Larrivée D-03R
Last edited by mEtAlORc at Feb 28, 2009,
I've played the yamaha FG730s already. I liked it, but that was a long time ago. I want to get an acoustic electric but without the cutaway if possible, in this price range. Any suggestions?
Larrivée D-03R
"Seagull S6 Q1 -> 430$CAD
Pro: Already an acoustic-electric.
Con: This is probably a warm sounding guitar because of the cherry and cedar."

That's a con...? The opposite of a warm and life-like sound would be a cold and sterile sound.

Anyway... since the Seagull is cedar top, I would only suggest getting it if your playing style requires a lot of depth of sound. The cedar top Seagulls are absolutely wonderful if you play them in the right manner, but if your style of playing is very aggressive, it won't sound good.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
^ Its a con for me as for now, I prefer bright over warm, and I must have the wrong model for the Seagull. From what I've been told, the S6 with electronics is 430 from Steve's music
Larrivée D-03R
Well... bright and warm aren't opposites of each other. It's very possible to have both. Warmth is more a definition of the smoothness and how comfy(think personification. human warmth.) it sounds. Brightness is just how much high end accentuation there is.

Brightness is easy to achieve on any guitar by using a set of brighter strings. The difference tone from strings in acoustic guitars is FAR greater than on an electric guitar. An acoustic can change from a bass monster to bright as day with a string change. Warmth is much harder to achieve though.

But yeah... I'd say just go for the most comfortable to play guitar, because to be honest, you can easily achieve that brightness you're looking for with ease. A very comfortable guitar is hard to find though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.