hey guys, i'm in the middle of my first build and i don't have a template or anything to go off of, i've got a 25.5 scale neck and my question is, when placing the bridge, should i move all the saddles to the front, or the middle or the back or what to get that 25.5 inches from the nut. meaning, will the string have to be a little bit longer than 25.5 to compensate, or a little shorter. I'm thinking longer so i should place it with the saddles slid most of the way foreword right?

thanks a ton!

p.s. its a strat hardtail style bridge. not that it makes much of a difference
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Drop all the saddles to dead middle position and measure from there. Getting your centerline is much more important however.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Drop all the saddles to dead middle position and measure from there. Getting your centerline is much more important however.

thanks, and i've got the centerline, i just wasn't sure, the middle seems safest but i didn't want to do that then realize i couldn't get it or something.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I've read that intonation is pretty much always longer than the scale length not shorter, so I would place the saddles at 3/4 their travel on the scale length, so you have a little foward room just in case.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
The stewmac site's bridge placement calculator will give you measurements to where the screws are for each bridge versus the saddles.