theres an epiphone special LP with an EMG in the store with the price tag £199 (used). i have my strat which isnt very well suited to by preference of music anyway.

i was wondering if it would be a good idea to do my strat part ex for the epiphone?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

At the moment, no. Get an amp that the EMG's will sing through first. Then get it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
It's still a low end guitar no matter what pups are put in it.I'd personally pass and save up for something with a better build quality.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

-bump-

need more opinions

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

What kind of Strat is it? The Epi Specials I have tried hasn't been better than my Squier Bullet Strat. Put an EMG in the Strat instead, then it will be able to play heavy music.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by Pr0gNut
It's still a low end guitar no matter what pups are put in it.I'd personally pass and save up for something with a better build quality.

I would agree. Save for what you want. Let your current guitars get you by for now.
Like this very strange but weirdly true example. **** is ****. If You Spray Fabrezze on **** its still ****. **** being the guitar( not that it is , its just the only way you can get people to not get a good opinion on it) and Fabrezze being the pick ups.

In My Words: Sure EMG's don't really matter what guitar it is. But it sure as hell matters what amp its running through and you have a solid state and EMG`s depend on running with tubes natural saturation and overdrive so its not going to sound that great. And i would rather upgrade the strat to Hot Rails or HSH it