Sweet titled thread. Anyway, that's exactly what it is. One of my strings snapped last week, so I have left her in her soft case...picked her up last night, all the strings were REALLY lose, and one of them wasn't exactly BUZZING at the nut, but it was like rattling. I know it is the nut because if I put on the point where the nut and string meet, it goes away....
This freaked me the hell out with humidity and stuff, so I ordered a hard case last night...is this neck warping?

Update, just some more details: I retuned the string, and the rattling isn't as bad. It happens if I lay the guitar down as if I were putting it in the case, and then playing the string, or when I play it aggressively...gotta get that hard case...
Last edited by Takamine916 at Feb 28, 2009,
just to be clear,

your guitar is completely strung up and in tune now?

and now that it is, are you getting a buzz noise?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The strings are in tune. I am just missing one string. It still makes the buzz at the top of the neck.
replace the string, then post back if the noise is still there.
the 6 strings put the correct tension on the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The buzzing you hear is more than likely from the missing string. The tuning machine for that string is what's making all the noise. With no string attached to it it's able to rattle and vibrate. Put a new string on it and it should fix her right up.
^ Yeah. Without a string, the tuning posts are often loose and just buzz away.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.