When I went to see Eric Clapton and when the show was done, I went to the front row after people left to see the gear.
It was spectacular, a row of about ten expensive Fender and Gibson guitars with a doboro.
Then I noticed something about the amp that Eric was using:

They were two Orange Combo amps.

"WTF?" was my initial reaction because I was expecting something like a Fender stack, especially with the sound I heard was so grandiose.
There wasn't a single stack in sight while Eric's support guitarist, Doyle Bramhall II, was using a Vox Combo.

It doesn't make sense, I know the PA system does everything for you these days about the sound, but a combo can create such a great sound?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Quote by radomu
When I went to see Eric Clapton and when the show was done, I went to the front row after people left to see the gear.
It was spectacular, a row of about ten expensive Fender and Gibson guitars with a doboro.
Then I noticed something about the amp that Eric was using:

They were two Orange Combo amps.

"WTF?" was my initial reaction because I was expecting something like a Fender stack, especially with the sound I heard was so grandiose.
There wasn't a single stack in sight while Eric's support guitarist, Doyle Bramhall II, was using a Vox Combo.

It doesn't make sense, I know the PA system does everything for you these days about the sound, but a combo can create such a great sound?

1) Wrong forum.

2) Many famous artists use a limited set up, and lot use Orange. But I'm no expert.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by salbarbz20
well a combo the amp head and the cab compacted and combined

Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Quote by radomu

Stack = Amplifier + speakers in seperate boxes.

Combo = amplifier + speakers in the same enclosure.

Either way that comment he made is clearly unrelated.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
A combo is just a head and cab put together. There's no real reason why the sound would be significantly better in a stack. You're an idiot if you think that.
Quote by Horlicks
A combo is just a head and cab put together. There's no real reason why the sound would be significantly better in a stack. You're an idiot if you think that.

there is a very big difference in the sound between a cab and a combo, you're the idiot.