Poll: Who do you think the headliner will be?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who do you think the headliner will be?
Metallica
34 54%
AC/DC
29 46%
Voters: 63.
Well they announce the headliner in 2 days, I think this year looks good but I am sure there are other threads about it.

I think it will be either Metallica or AC/DC, they are the 2 big contenders for it this year. Metallica played every other year but skipped last year at download, AC/DC have always been rumoured to play but never have.

I would like it to be Metallica as I would love to see them live, AC/DC would be good also but it wouldn't be as good imo, but I have a gut feeling it will be AC/DC

Poll up in a minute
Manchester United
I chose Metallica because ACDC has sucked since their first song and never changed. That's worse than getting progressively worse throughout your career, and even though they have been falling a long time Metallica has never reached the point of being as bad as ACDC. In fact they could get worse for the next 30 years and still not be ACDC bad.
if Metallica headline. that will be the only reason i go this year. the lineup so far doesn't interest me in the slightest, maybe its just me... it would be nice to see The Haunted play download as well....
synths wrote: no one gives a shit about Franz Ferdinand.
Reply: Explain WWI to me then please?

Quote by GerGuam
Metallica has never reached the point of being as bad as ACDC.

You sir, Forgot about Shit Anger.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
metallica are in helsinki the 14th of june.

so unless they're doing the friday I can't really see it being them
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Not AC/DC. At least i hope not.
Think about it, download have without doubt gone for the "old" theme this year. If they add one more "classic" band, chances are people will get pissed off. So AC/DC will NOT be announced. Metallica are whoring themselves to Sonisphere, so it wont be them either.

My best guess: Blink 182.
Faith No More.
Anounced they're playing European festivals and the organisers of download have already said they want to book them.
Quote by JacobTheMe
The Darkness will reunite!

I wish.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by THE-IMPALER
Faith No More.
Anounced they're playing European festivals and the organisers of download have already said they want to book them.

Eugh, why?
Quote by Jawkster
It's Faith No More, announced by e-festivals.

I hope not =/

Blink would be pretty good, shame if Metallica don't
Manchester United
Metallica are playing Sonisphere and ACDC hate Donnington (read that on Download forums). Most rumours say it'll be Faith No More.
Metallica are playign sonisphere, and it's the only fest theyre playin this summer in the UK
Quote by bendystraw
Jonas Brothers.

RIP Dimebag

You failed twice.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by GerGuam
I chose Metallica because ACDC has sucked since their first song and never changed. That's worse than getting progressively worse throughout your career, and even though they have been falling a long time Metallica has never reached the point of being as bad as ACDC. In fact they could get worse for the next 30 years and still not be ACDC bad.

how is acdc bad exactly?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
It definatly won't be Metallica and I doubt it'll be AC/DC. I'm really pissed I can't go, I have an A-Level exam on the Friday apprently .
AC/DC I think are playing Paris that day, and Metallica are booked on Sonisphere, and the organiser's making all the bands sign UK-exclusive contracts top appear on the fest.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Metallica are playing Sonispheare so its probably going to be AC/DC.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.