Hi
well my friends had this guitar given to him a while back and said he will sell it to me for £50 i was just wonmdering if it was a real epiphone?
here are some pics:

thanks
Looks like it might be legit, Epiphone made some odd guitars a couple of years back.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Pretty sure it is. I've seen one in a guitar shop once. I like the shape and feel but the tone just wasn't that good. I'd pick it up for under a hundred bucks (american)
UG's Prodigal Son
Definitely.. I remember having an old Epiphone catalogue several years back with one of those in it.
404: Sig not found.
Ok thanks guys i think ill buy it later
but im still pretty curious that theres not a serial code printed onto the guitar and its a sticker?

p.s. i love this forum
That's a really odd lookin' one. Who knows. Some people may say it sounded bad but just try it out first. You might actually like the sound or it might actually sound really good and its worth getting. Each guitar has its own tone outside of the model. The quality of the wood its made out of and such adds to the tone. Sometimes you find one that just isn't good and others that sound great.
Quote by Haz4510
Ok thanks guys i think ill buy it later
but im still pretty curious that theres not a serial code printed onto the guitar and its a sticker?

p.s. i love this forum

Epiphone did that in the 80s. Case and point, I don't know what year my used Epiphone spotlight is (although I've narrowed it down to 88 or 89)

EDIT: That's a beautiful guitar there I strongly suggest buying it.
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Feb 28, 2009,
Thanks for all your help guys
I decided to buy the guitar and it has an awesome old sort of sound to it I couldn't believe it even tho the volume and tone has to be on 10 to hear it how can I resolve this?
+ underneath the bridge there is a sort of concrete shape thing where the springs for the whammy attatch on to and I found a piece of that has been snapped off so the 3rd spring can't attach onto anything therefore the whammy doesn't work I was thinking about just buying a complete cheap bridge and just replacing

Thanks guys
if the bridge itself is ok then just but a new trem claw and some springs
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
But it's not the trem claw that's broke it's the sort of concrete thing that's attached to the bridge
Last edited by Haz4510 at Mar 1, 2009,
the grey block that the strings go through and the springs attach to?

if so then you need to get a new bridge because on a lot of guitars the bridge and block don't seperate.

look at wilkinson bridges, they are fantastic bridges for the price
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I've taken the grey thing off the bridge it just screwed off I've noticed the strings go into the grey thing but how are they fixed into it?
unwind the strings at the headstock and they should just come out, if the strings are a bit stuck get an allen key and push it through the top of the block and with a bit of force the string should pop out
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
In my opinion this is an epiphone....For sure...My cousin has the same guitar!
so do not worry
The guitar sounds great
ive replaced the block with one from my other guitar its a bit smaller but it fits and yet the whammy still doesnt work the bridge is raised off the surface like it was before as you can see in the pictures but its not as worse
+
the guitar only works thru the amp if the volume is on 10?
For £50, who cares? It's a good deal even if it is a fake Epiphone. However, I would say that it's probably legitimate, since the fakes tend to be of the more popular models, mainly Les Pauls (especially LP Customs and Zakk Wylde sigs), and the odd SG. Also, I myself have a Korean-made Epiphone, and they are the best Epiphones about, by a hundred miles. The newer Chinese Epis don't compare at all to the older Korean ones.

Buy!
Epiphone EM I believe.
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Its an epiphone s-310....its a good guitar, just needs all of the pots, bridge ect. replaced....they came from the factory with crappy hardware because they were such cheap guitar but other than that, these things are bullet proof....mines flown out of the back of my dads truck, the case got broken open or something, and the guitar was barely even scratched....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!