I could really use a new guitar. right now I'm playing a Dean MLX and I want an upgrade. I play alot of different music but I LOVE High-Gain Amps/Rediculous amounts of Distortion. I've played alot of guitars but I need to know some really good one's to check out. I'd prefer that it be somewhere around $500 or $600. I really don't like the idea of paying 1000's of dollars for a guitar.

Other than buying a guitar, I'm interested in building/ customizing a guitar too. If you know any guitars that can sound good with some mods, tell me. I could use another guitar project.
What amp are you using and what specific styles do you play? Are you willing to go used?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by lunaticfringe93
Washburn HM series. Washburn gives you the most for your money in my opinion.

Fixed.

We should probably wait for TS to tell us what features he wants and what amp he uses before we start randomly suggesting guitars.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I got a saga guitar kit a while back and put together my guitar.

It was like $120.

Check out the peavey hp exp. its 550
I'd look into Schecter. They have guitars in this price range that are great for high gain distortion.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Fixed.

We should probably wait for TS to tell us what features he wants and what amp he uses before we start randomly suggesting guitars.

Well he said rediculous amounts of distortion, that just leads me to assume
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Well he said rediculous amounts of distortion, that just leads me to assume

Indeed he did,but we don't know if said distortion is coming from pushed tubes or a pedal,and what he wants as far as bridge,frets,pup configurations and all that other jazz goes.I was just being practical for once on UG .

Yeah what amp do you use currently TS?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
RG570 used. -My input for anything metal
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
His profile says a Vox DA5 and a DS-1. I only got a quick glimpse though.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
ok he has a Vox amp
line 6 XT live
so thats his main amp modding gain stuff right there

go for a good old ESP LTD guitar
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
How about a used Gibson.Try a LP special, a Sg standard used, or a flying V used.I have a flying V and it is Distortion Heaven.
I almost forgot about this thread!
I like tube and pedal distortion. I've played a Gibson V but its more expensive than I'd like. Has anyone played a Schecter V-1 or a damien? Those seem o.k.
jackson.

i got a jackson DX10D (about $250-300 used), and it is absolutely fantastic for metal and that high gain shredder sound.

plus, jackson floyd roses are some of the best licensed floyds available.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
jackson.

i got a jackson DX10D (about $250-300 used), and it is absolutely fantastic for metal and that high gain shredder sound.

plus, jackson floyd roses are some of the best licensed floyds available.

They are nice entry level but if you have the money deffo get the RR3
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals