hey guys,

i know this belongs in the PROMOTE your band section but i am not promoting right here.

I am making this topic to discuss and get some opinons on the guitar tone of this track my band recorded.

Would you guys be able to tell that the guitars were recorded with digital out? A lot of people told me they digged the tone however others told me its kinda thin. Do you think its worth the hassle micing amps for a 4 track demo?

check it out let me know what u think!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhRWaVofdYM&feature=channel_page
I like it And no I can't tell what guitars were used :P

May I ask what amps you used?
Last edited by amd123 at Feb 28, 2009,
Wow.

I quite like it - the tone seems absolutely fine IMO.

I also quite like the song!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
that search and destroy cover is good......
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by Frusciante2323
that search and destroy cover is good......

the seek and destroy cover is another band, not the teen thrash one.

and thanks for the positive reviews on the song guys.
I like the tone, yeah, but it DOES sound just a bit digital. The drums sound kinda electric too, but I dunno.

If you're not a tone freak, stick with digital, only a trained ear would really notice.

Great song btw
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by RyanDV
I like the tone, yeah, but it DOES sound just a bit digital. The drums sound kinda electric too, but I dunno.

If you're not a tone freak, stick with digital, only a trained ear would really notice.

Great song btw

the drums were electric =(, 3 more songs on their way i guess we weren't really considering crazy tone cuz were not signed or have a record yet or anything. Just wanted people to appreciate the music for what it is and i hope the guitar tone doesn't get in the way of that.
Quote by Blacksabbath92
the drums were electric =(, 3 more songs on their way i guess we weren't really considering crazy tone cuz were not signed or have a record yet or anything. Just wanted people to appreciate the music for what it is and i hope the guitar tone doesn't get in the way of that.

The Guitar tone sounds great!
There's nothing wrong with it IMO.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Good stuff I would make the vocals a tad louder but other than that great job and cool song
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
thanks so much for the reviews and yeah were gonna def remix it.

if any of you guys have myspace, make sure to add us.
Don't beat yourself up over the tone, it's perfectly fine and most people wouldn't realize it's digital. I mean if you're a perfectionist, sure, but it's nothing too huge.

Electric drums I don't have a problem with either if you can't accomodate an acoustic set.

Still a ****ing badass song.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Is it recorded with Guitar Rig/Amplitube? and what amps did you use and the settings?
Damn, souded like KEA era Metallica imo, dats awesome.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Damn, souded like KEA era Metallica imo, dats awesome.

thanks

and yeah i belive so, the engineer in the studio helped **** with the sounds, ill get back to you on that.
Guitar tone was descent, sounded good but kinda sterile, maybe add some reverb?
The singing was alright, but just didn't seem to fit the rest of the music. Not a volume thing, but an ~in tune~ and expression thing. Like you took the vocals from one song and the backing track from another and put them together based solely on the beat.
awesome song, if you guys get signed, i'd definetly buy the album, a bit of an iron maiden tone in my opinion Liked it a lot, of the tone of the guitars was fine, the tone was great infact.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by dwmacfar2
awesome song, if you guys get signed, i'd definetly buy the album, a bit of an iron maiden tone in my opinion Liked it a lot, of the tone of the guitars was fine, the tone was great infact.

IF we ever get signed, ill send yah one for free haha.

thanks for the positive review.
Quote by Blacksabbath92
IF we ever get signed, ill send yah one for free haha.

thanks for the positive review.

Haha thanks, And hey, if crap like the jonas brothers can get signed, I'm sure you can. Try sending demos to small record companies or something, I don't know :P
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
It does sound a little digital. The only part where I would describe the tone as thin is when you aren't playing chords and playing that lead riff thing. basically when ever you're playing single note instead of a chord is the biggest problem tonally.
I would also reccomend sticking with acoustic drums unless you just HAVE to use the elctric to record. The snare sounds too fake for me.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
The chords sound pretty sick as the person above said. Single note riffs are passable, but the palm mutes sound really digital.
Quote by Vlasco
The chords sound pretty sick as the person above said. Single note riffs are passable, but the palm mutes sound really digital.

=(
Quote by stratdud39
that sounded sweet, i think you should make the vocals a little louder though, like how those guys said in the comments

yeah def gonan remix it