Okay, just a quick question. Does anyone know about land law?

I've got a property abroad and want to sign my part of the property over to the other investor. Does this have to be signed abroad, or can it be signed in England and then faxed to my oversees lawyer in the country of point, who can then put it through the appropriate channels over there?
Why dont you ask your lawyer?!?!?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind

Because the pit is miles cheaper. And i can't ask a lawyer at half 8 at night.
Quote by Absent Mind

non-sense!

everyone here is a lawyer, they will help you
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
^ Yes but if someone knows it's a yes or no answer. I don't really want to pay £120 for a 'yes' or 'no'.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Okay, just a quick question. Does anyone know about land law?

I've got a property abroad and want to sign my part of the property over to the other investor. Does this have to be signed abroad, or can it be signed in England and then faxed to my oversees lawyer in the country of point, who can then put it through the appropriate channels over there?

It could depend on the country, but I don't think it would matter where it was signed in most cases. People fax signed documents all the time within the same country, so why should it matter if it travels to another?
I don't know anything about international land law, but I bet google does. Also try searching records of law schools in the countries you're referring to- they generally have good search indicies.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
i reckon you should both have a representative at the signing.
so either you or your lawyer go over, or you get them or their lawyer over here.

or as a reasonably cheaper alternative, you could pay a lawyer in that country to witness the documents getting signed, and then they countersign them. and then you get your lawyer present when you sign.

then if one of you tries to pull out afterwards, you're royally screwed due to the signings having been witnessed by lawyers.

that's what i'd do... just to be safe.
Quote by Dayman

Stop that.
Last edited by bendystraw at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by Dayman
Yes, Massah.

That RIP meme crap is annoying, and it doesn't even fit in here.
Quote by bendystraw
That RIP meme crap is annoying, and it doesn't even fit in here.

I thought it was funny, and it wouldn't have been funny if it didn't fit in here.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
non-sense!

everyone here is a lawyer, they will help you

Exactly, we're also Doctors, Physiotherapists, Physiologists, Excavators, Firefighters, Pilots, and the President.

Quote by Dayman
I thought it was funny, and it wouldn't have been funny if it didn't fit in here.

Nice fail mate
Last edited by Van-Hayden at Feb 28, 2009,