Hey, I am looking for a OD/Distortion pedal. I play mostly Blues Rock. My gear is a Gibby LP and a Fender Vibrolux Reverb. I have been considering a Fulltone OCD (kind of expensive) Marshall Bluesbreaker BB2. I would go to a store and try one of them out, but there is only 1 music store around and they don't carry pedals. Not really much of a guitar shop.
Thanks for the reply. I would love to get an OCD, I have kind of been leaning towards the OCD, but am curious about the BB2. I am a huge fan of EC's tone on the Beano album and Early Cream stuff. Just curious as to which one can get closer to that tone, but I don't want to spend 70 bucks on a crap pedal.
Look also in MI-Audio. Just played through a Blues Boy Deluxe this past week after this video really pulled me in....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9YfE1nW0w
The tonal capabilities are pretty awesome, especially the mid tone control. I liked it better than the Fulltone OCD. Slightly more sustain, more mids.
Quote by WheelsofFire
Thanks for the reply. I would love to get an OCD, I have kind of been leaning towards the OCD, but am curious about the BB2. I am a huge fan of EC's tone on the Beano album and Early Cream stuff. Just curious as to which one can get closer to that tone, but I don't want to spend 70 bucks on a crap pedal.

The ZVex Box of Rock does the early Cream thing quite well. The Vexter version is about $200 new, wouldn't be too hard to find one for around $150 used which around the price of the OCD new. The BoR is closer to that tone than the OCD in my opinion.

A really great pedal with lots of textures is the BBE Free Fuzz, it can have just a small amount or tons of fuzz, a really great pedal, or the electro harmonix big muff is a good one, it depends on what kind of tone you are looking for though, the BBE Crusher is a very nice pedal but maybe too much gain for what you need, Eric Clapton crossroads pedal is another goodie
Rothwell Heartbreaker
Rothwell Hellbender
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly