they might receive more love in the punk forum. i think "i apologize" started it for me. haven't listened to them in a while though, all i could ever find in stores is Candy Apple Grey, which has some great tracks.
Oh, I've always thought of them as indie/alternative even though they're very punk.
Zen Arcade is essential.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
im listening to Huker Du right now. i hate to say it but this is the first time in almost 18 years ive listened to Husker Du and i must say it is quite good.
Quote by ryanfit4battle
im listening to Huker Du right now. i hate to say it but this is the first time in almost 18 years ive listened to Husker Du and i must say it is quite good.

Awesome, at least you've known em that long
no i meant that im almost 18 and i have never listened to em before tonight. sorry for the confusion.
Quote by ryanfit4battle
no i meant that im almost 18 and i have never listened to em before tonight. sorry for the confusion.

lmao did you ever word that wrong.

"Chartered Trips" is probably my favourite song by them. It demonstrates just how melodic they can get, while still keeping it fast and passionate.
Quote by toyboxmonster
lmao did you ever word that wrong.

"Chartered Trips" is probably my favourite song by them. It demonstrates just how melodic they can get, while still keeping it fast and passionate.

uh yeah. i suck
Good stuff. I'm envious of Greg's stache.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Ive been meaning to listen to them for a while now but never got around to it. Good starter album?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^