Poll: Who wins?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who wins?
Necrosis1193
16 80%
TimBFMV
4 20%
Voters: 20.
At last, we continue . Start voting guise!

Necrosis1193: Cause We've Ended As Lovers.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/necrosis1193/music/all/play541267

TimBFMV: Blues Duels Entry.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/TimBFMV/

I'd write something cool but I'm out of time. I gotta go back to work, and then see a Deep Purple cover band, and 2 Prog metal and rock bands !
Start voting!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I had to go with Necrosis, it really felt more complete, and I love Jeff beck

good job to both though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Necrosis: I dig Jeff Beck. I tried this song before so I kinda know what it takes. Just like my attempt its not perfect but some parts you nailed. Good job.

Tim: Some tasty runs but it didnt sing to me. Putting some good hanging bends in here & there would of made it a close match. Or some background music to get a more complete sound.

I voted for Necrosis.

Happy Playin'
I hate jeff beck

necro - use more hammer ons and pull offs to add fluidity to your playing. out of tune bends.

tim - if you're playing without a backing track you have to make sure your playing implies a moving chord progression, a steady rhythm or at least some kind of flow. you had none of these. I think you're the better player but your track doesn't show it.

went with necro
Quote by Jimmy94
I hate jeff beck

Bolshevik!

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I voted Necrosis. Sounded cool to me, I never heard the original but I liked your licks and tone. Some points were out of tune to me, but overall nice playing.

I liked TimBFMV's intentions for the track, but it seemed to kind of lack direction. I agree with others that a more standard progression or a backing track could improve it. I would've voted for this one if it followed a clearer progression.

Good job guys.
Wish I'd used a backing track now.

EDIT: I would have had a backing track, but my mixcraft trial ran out the day before i recorded it >
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Mar 1, 2009,
Ahh you guys both did an awesome job. I'm new to the blues but I like this forum a lot.

If it makes you feel better, you guys are both way better than I

Cheers!
^ You should stick around here then.

I want to learn Cause We Ended As Lovers, now.

Necro: It was messy in some places, you seemed to lose where you were going a bit. Could've done with holding on to some notes a little longer. Work on your vibrato and fluidity. Your phrasing was good in general.

Tim: You were kinda just noodling about, almost like you didn't know what to do. Had no structure and phrasing was kinda non-existent because there was nothing to play to, so you couldn't really showcase your chops. You would've sounded a whole lot better if you had a backing track to play to, if not only to keep time to.

Well done fellas, and well done to Urik for keeping this going.
Necro--Nice job. I haven't heard that song before, but it sounded pretty good. It did sound a little too safe though, like you were holding something back. You should work on your timing and your phrasing, as it was pretty messy at times. Also, your tone is pretty weak, which is probably not the result of your amp settings so much as it is your technique. Work on your vibrato and your bends some more. But overall, I liked it. I voted for you.

Tim--I have to be honest, dude, I wasn't really feeling it. Without a backing track, I could barely tell that that you were trying to play a blues. It just sounded like a bunch of sloppy noodling. It was all over the place. It sounded like you had some nice licks there, but you really need to hone your technique before you can play that kind of stuff. So slow down and focus on timing, picking, vibrato and bending. Trust me, you'll get there eventually

I'd totally get in on these duels if I had a way of recording myself
I voted Necrosis even though i didnt really like it. Im a huge Jeff Beck fan and i felt at times you did it no justice. It started out great but around :47you started a couple out of tune bends. I know its a hard song but you could of done out better job. You had flashes of great playing and then also some stuff that made my ears cringe. I listened to your other tracks and i think you could have done better.

And for Tim, i think everyone else has already said what i was going to say. And thats the reason why i voted for Necro as well.

Still Good Job to both!
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
I actually liked other clips that both posted on their profiles better than their "blues duel" choices.I agree with the comments post by the others. Still an overall good job by both. And I voted for Necrosis because it sounded more complete.
i disliked both of them, but Necrosis's was less worst, that doesn't make very good reading. is this 1st round or losers battle?
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Quote by MrBlues
i disliked both of them, but Necrosis's was less worst, that doesn't make very good reading. is this 1st round or losers battle?

Last of the 1st round. Now we're going with the losers and then 2nd round. From there on, no losers. It's going to be faster.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Should have spent more time on that peice instead of just improv.
Tim.

Necrosis Wins
Tim.

Tim, you're a very talented guitarist, but, like most people said, you could've really used a backing track.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Yeah Tim, I would've voted for yours if it didn't have those problems.

So what happens now?
Now we start with the losers duels . Now it's hella late, but tomorrow I'll send PM's asking people to work on their tracks.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||