Does anyone else know people who are in something like this? Kids from the local church all gather outside of a Supermarket, find boxes and other items, have to beg for food from people who come out of the store, and then sleep in the box over night. It's supposed to teach the kids what its like to be homeless.

I think it shows you what its like and its kinda cool. But the area where I live in is a pretty rich area. Kinda funny though, its raining outside and some people have left saying its "too hard." Real homeless people can't just leave.

So do I live in the only area that does this?
What's the point in giving a homeless person a box? They usually already have one.

/asshole
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
sounds like those kids from your local church are pussies.

edit: they should start a turf war with the homeless people. one month, each kid gets half a box, a dirty starbucks cup to collect change, and a broken bottle; no money/food/clothes from the parentals, and no quitting early. no particular reason, but i think it has potential for epicness.
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Last edited by psychogel at Feb 28, 2009,
In Edmonton one of the local news anchors is homeless for a day, he slept in a dumpster and the garbage truck almost dumped him into the compactor.
Quote by psychogel
sounds like those kids from your local church are pussies.

Kinda. They went onto Facebook right after and made their status' "OMG lik im so not lik siting in da rain 4 a nite!11!1"
I don't think they should be allowed to just give up.

I think they should be required to stay for 24 hours.

If someone doesn't stay, I think his/her name should be put on a list with a picture on the front page of the newspaper.
Quote by archangels666
I don't think they should be allowed to just give up.

I think they should be required to stay for 24 hours.

If someone doesn't stay, I think his/her name should be put on a list with a picture on the front page of the newspaper.

I was thinking they should have a giant man named Goliath who stands at the entrance and if you try to leave he gets to sit on you.
How about take the homeless and give them a home for one night while the kids get to see what a homeless person actually acts like? Sounds kinda stupid tbh.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by Sublimical
In Edmonton one of the local news anchors is homeless for a day, he slept in a dumpster and the garbage truck almost dumped him into the compactor.

well he's an idiot. you'd think that if it's not sub-zero tmperatures he'd be warm and safe enough sleeping behind the dumpster, like a normal news anchorman.

Quote by The_Paranoia
Kinda. They went onto Facebook right after and made their status' "OMG lik im so not lik siting in da rain 4 a nite!11!1"

geez, i hate that! i bet they didn't even see any homeless people. and begging in front of a supermarket with kids is half-assing it too. go make them sleep under a highway overpass, i've been through Austin and it scares the hell out of me to see people with sleeping bags on that steep concrete right next to traffic.
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Quote by psychogel

geez, i hate that! i bet they didn't even see any homeless people. and begging in front of a supermarket with kids is half-assing it too. go make them sleep under a highway overpass, i've been through Austin and it scares the hell out of me to see people with sleeping bags on that steep concrete right next to traffic.

Here is the setup of the event. They all get dropped off (with their coats, clothes, boxes, etc) in the parking lot of the Kroger (down the street from me across from a neighborhood where the cheapest house its 1.2 mill.) Then they all sit at the entrance to the store and ask for food. Some kids have their parents buy them food then walk out and give it to them.

The whole event is a disgrace. There aren't any homeless people around for miles. Besides, if you're homeless in my area, you are wealthy hobo.
Sounds like fun.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
So they're going to steal all the hobos business for a day?
Yeah, sounds real fair!
Quote by The_Paranoia
Here is the setup of the event. They all get dropped off (with their coats, clothes, boxes, etc) in the parking lot of the Kroger (down the street from me across from a neighborhood where the cheapest house its 1.2 mill.) Then they all sit at the entrance to the store and ask for food. Some kids have their parents buy them food then walk out and give it to them.

The whole event is a disgrace. There aren't any homeless people around for miles. Besides, if you're homeless in my area, you are wealthy hobo.

yeah, that's cheating, if they wanted to be anything like a real homeless experience they would drop them off in the ghetto.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
There's one homeless dude who lives near me that is reportedly a genius, and a former professor at a university. He lives in the park in the summer, and, in the winter, sleeps in these big vent things by the university's indoor swimming pool that always shoot hot air.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by Sublimical

haha

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by The Picker
There's one homeless dude who lives near me that is reportedly a genius, and a former professor at a university. He lives in the park in the summer, and, in the winter, sleeps in these big vent things by the university's indoor swimming pool that always shoot hot air.

Further proof that he is a genius. Sleeping next to the hot air.