This question might seem stupid - In my local guitar shop the guitar selection is crap... basically its pretty much just gibsons and fenders which are out of my price range for a second guitar and most people would obviously recommend try before you buy but ive seen better value guitars on the net so shall i just buy a guitar off the net?
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I have bought guitars online and everything worked out fine. I would say just make sure there is a return policy so in case you aren't happy you can return it.

+1

Lots of great reviews for stuff from rondomusic.com for instance. They are the only place that you can buy Agile guitars from.
Under no circumstances buy one because you like what it looks like, and never from a website without a returns policy. Guitars are very individual things, even two identical guitars can feel very different from one another. So yeah, buy off the internet if you absolutely have to, but make sure you'll be able to return it.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
This question might seem stupid - In my local guitar shop the guitar selection is crap... basically its pretty much just gibsons and fenders which are out of my price range for a second guitar and most people would obviously recommend try before you buy but ive seen better value guitars on the net so shall i just buy a guitar off the net?

Bolton hey!?

If you are on about Harker & Howarth I totally agree with you, if not, please say which shop you go in

Which guitar inparticular are you looking to try out? I may be able to help!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Bolton hey!?

If you are on about Harker & Howarth I totally agree with you, if not, please say which shop you go in

Which guitar inparticular are you looking to try out? I may be able to help!

Lol a northerner! Usually i go in harker & howarth or HW audio, HW are a bit better but both dont tend to sell many novice/amateur guitars. And both also have a pretty crap pedal department as well...

Really im generally looking for a guitar with a fat sound and plenty of sustain, as my squier is ****e when it comes to it (and i dont want to mod it yet) so ive been looking into Les paul/sg/hollow body types of guitars and what ive heard off plenty of people there are better value guitars then epiphones like the vintage, ibanez, hagstrom and tokai copies. So thats what im looking for thanks in advance!
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
Lol a northerner! Usually i go in harker & howarth or HW audio, HW are a bit better but both dont tend to sell many novice/amateur guitars. And both also have a pretty crap pedal department as well...

Really im generally looking for a guitar with a fat sound and plenty of sustain, as my squier is ****e when it comes to it (and i dont want to mod it yet) so ive been looking into Les paul/sg/hollow body types of guitars and what ive heard off plenty of people there are better value guitars then epiphones like the vintage, ibanez, hagstrom and tokai copies. So thats what im looking for thanks in advance!

For ibanez, gibson, epiphone, prs, fender and schecter try out PMT in salford (regent road) their stock is very good, much better what it was like.

Dawsons is good for gibson, esp and hagstrom.

Also there is a nice independant music shop called Music Ground, opposite the BBC on oxford road, they are really nice in there and have a lot of really nice guitars (such as tokai) that you will really like!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
For ibanez, gibson, epiphone, prs, fender and schecter try out PMT in salford (regent road) their stock is very good, much better what it was like.

Dawsons is good for gibson, esp and hagstrom.

Also there is a nice independant music shop called Music Ground, opposite the BBC on oxford road, they are really nice in there and have a lot of really nice guitars (such as tokai) that you will really like!

Thanks alot I will check them out