Ok, well before i start this let me first say, i've been playing guitar for a little over a year, but love my metal. I realise 1 year is a short period of time but I play a LOT.

You can see the Not even slinkies in use in this video, its of me playing psychosocial by slipknot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5ST2oz4gk . - this was a few months ago and I'm already much better, please dont flame my playing, i realize I'm not a god.

review: OK, well after watching that video, try to find a tab and the tuning. nuff said. That song is in Drop A, an immensely heavy tuning, B standard with the lowest string dropped a step. Even at that tuning, the strings adapt perfectly. They never went out of tune at all, even on a non floating bridge such as that one (aside from one string... grr). The string guages for all of the strings are - 12, 16, 24p, 32, 44, 56

Sound: these strings surprised me with their sound, they had a slight twang to them, but not the level of twang i get out of strings such as GHS. The guitar i used in that video had awful pickups (i now own an ibanez s320, which sounds 10x better.), but they sounded SO much better with these strings on. Pinch harmonics seemed to come out much nicer, and they had an awesome crunch sound to them, espicially when i tuned them pretty high. The highest i tuned this set to was drop c, and it was really tight but sounded incredible.

The one con...: the 3rd string. nuff said. This string SUCKS. It's and plain 24 ( ). The string constantly went out of tune, sounded like a dying animal and just drove me batcrap crazy. I dont even believe anyone would use this string out of the set, and im sure John Petrucci (a person who used these strings on train of thought) changed this string. I later on used a normal D string out of a 10 guage set, a wound one, and it fixed all of the problems. It sounded great, and felt awesome too.

Overall: i highly recommend these strings to anyone who wants to play in a dropped tuning, if you're willing to change out that awful 3rd string. The strings were using in these tunings : Drop A (nile, slipknot), B standard (amon amarth ftw), C standard (arch enemy ftw), Drop A# (breaking benjamin ftw) C# standard,but sharp by 3/4 (Dimebag darrell, songs include 5 minutes alone, walk , im broken etc) and drop C (insert every generic metal band ever) and they worked great in all of them. I've had them for about 3 months, and not 1 string has snapped yet. 8/10, would be perfect without that awful string.
wait, you said:
Quote by renzuokun
Well 10-52 are light top heavy bottoms, great for drop C and Drop b, but once you go any lower they get way to floppy and theyll go out of tune. I currently use 10-52 DRs in drop C, they sound awesome!

am i missing something?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
wait, you said:

am i missing something?

That's in my video, right? yeah i use those strings on my new guitar, my ibanez s320, in drop c. The white guitar in the video is the one with the 12-56's. sorry for the confusion.
no, not two hours ago you said that you used DR 10-52s on th guitar in the video.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
no, not two hours ago you said that you used DR 10-52s on th guitar in the video.

Well then I'm massively lost as to whats going on, i must've made a typo or something.

I was going to make a two part review of 10-52 DR's and the 12-56s that im talking about here, but thought it would be too long, so maybe thats whats going wrong here, either way, disregard that mistake, the white guitar has 12-56s.
Why are people posting reviews of strings? It's not like you're going to be using the same pair of strings for years to come so if you don't like them then you can just change them.

What's next? Are people going to start reviewing batteries?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I don't get it either. Do people consider new strings upgrading their guitars these days?

When people hear gear demos are they going to start asking "dude what kind of strings are on those?"
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by al112987
I don't get it either. Do people consider new strings upgrading their guitars these days?

When people hear gear demos are they going to start asking "dude what kind of strings are on those?"

I can't wait until I see people's sigs saying: "New gear fund: $3/$12 for new strings! "
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
your guitar is out of tune.
seriously.
also i use beefy's on my ibanez 1570 prestige, and i play in drop C and its perfect for that.
i cant belive you use 10's for drop C... what is wrong with you.
This has gotta be a parody. I doubt 2 people would just happen to post almost the exact same thread within a day, especially when it's this retarded.
Quote by convictionless
your guitar is out of tune.
seriously.
also i use beefy's on my ibanez 1570 prestige, and i play in drop C and its perfect for that.
i cant belive you use 10's for drop C... what is wrong with you.

I use .009s. Nothing wrong with that.