I'm selling my 2004 Toyota 4Runner soon, and I'm not exactly sure what I want to get as a replacement yet. Can anyone that knows a little about cars throw some suggestions my way? Here would be the requirements...

Foreign
Between $15,000 and $16,000
A car, not an SUV or truck
I'll be a freshman in college next year, so I just want it to be reliable and at least a little sporty/fun to drive

So far I've been looking at G35s. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by Bille joe6
Peel P50 if you could find one.

Are you kidding? No American would fit in one of those.
Buy a Ford Pinto. Lend it to someone you don't like, then rear end them. The jokes on them.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Get one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-2002-ss-camaro-35th-anniversary-lingenfelter-loweredslp_W0QQitemZ170306534423QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item170306534423&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

35th Anniversary, SLP Camaro. They're sporty, they're nice, and they're hella cheap so you can have money over for all the gas and insurance and what have you. That's just what I'd get, it depends on taste though
My grandparents bought a Nissan dualis (Dunno if you have them in the states), but it's really good, and not that expensive, it's got a crapload of room, and everything inside is very modern and tidy.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by slashnmash
Are you kidding? No American would fit in one of those.

Saw - legs = solution.
A Mitsubishi Lancer. It's round 16 grand.
My gear:

- Squier Stratocaster

- Fender 15G

-Crappy First Act
Either a Nissan 350z(it's the g35's brother, but more sporty/more of a racecar) or a Mazda RX-8 GT. Both should run around that price if you're looking at ones from about 2003. One of these WILL be my next car...Still undecided though.
Quote by ewp805
^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ted!^^^

Monsterbeast is fat and ugly.
get something cheaper and give me some money. my cell phone has decided to stop working for no apparent reason today.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
can you get an s2000 for that kind of money?
Quote by CTFOD
I would hit that like a woman who leaves the kitchen.
Quote by ozy!d!ot
get a civic! i dare you to.

I find they dont look too bad once you've put on a body kit/other mods. Id do it, but it might put TS out of the price range... im not sure.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by haste the day
Either a Nissan 350z(it's the g35's brother, but more sporty/more of a racecar) or a Mazda RX-8 GT. Both should run around that price if you're looking at ones from about 2003. One of these WILL be my next car...Still undecided though.

ive also looked at 350z's, but my only hesitation with them is that if for some reason i actually needed some room for luggage or whatever i'd be screwed. do you know how reliable the rx-8 is?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Jeez, all the rice burners. Dude, get a real car like a used Dodge Charger (yes with a hemi). I've seen them from 10k to like 17k. Just look around.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
ive also looked at 350z's, but my only hesitation with them is that if for some reason i actually needed some room for luggage or whatever i'd be screwed. do you know how reliable the rx-8 is?

no, there even worse on room.
seriously, your a student with a sporty car.
do you know how much insurance is gonna be for you....
get something that's sporty, insides wise, but looks wise not really.
cause insurance companies watch for that kind of stuff.
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Jeez, all the rice burners. Dude, get a real car like a used Dodge Charger (yes with a hemi). I've seen them from 10k to like 17k. Just look around.

i dont trust american cars at all.

and to convictionless, i was looking at a 2007 mustang a few months ago before i realized i wanted something foreign and the insurance on that was actually less than my car. it really just depends as far as insurance goes
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by rnrsoldier1461

This thread caused me to do a direct comparison, and yeah, idk, now I'm torn between which I prefer: G35 vs. 350z.

G35:
-Luxury Interior
-Trunk space
-More room in back seat

-Heavier
-Greater stopping distance
-Sloppier handling(sideshifting/swaying)

350z
-Sportier
-HATCHBACK
-Sexier dash/guage cluster(IMO)
-Smaller Wheelbase->tighter turns

-Smaller back seat
-Very little trunkspace
-Rougher ride

As for the RX-8, I don't really know, they haven't really been around long enough to know if they break down early into their lives(at least I've never heard anything).
Quote by ewp805

Last edited by haste the day at Feb 28, 2009,
sounds like the g35 is much better for practical use...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
For practical, yeah I'd say so. But the Z is so damn hot..... I can't decide which I like better.

But then there's.......

Lol :P

I'd say go with the G35 dude, unless you wanna take it to the track.
Quote by ewp805

Last edited by haste the day at Feb 28, 2009,
Honda's are as reliable as it gets. A used S2000 is in your price range in you don't mind the lack of space, need for premium gas and poor gas mileage. Since college students are usually broke, I would get an efficient Accord or Civic.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by kaverl
can you get an s2000 for that kind of money?

My thoughts exactly.
And now I'm thinking about when my uncle let me drive his ford mustang.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Honda Civic Coupe. Sporty looking AND fuel efficient!

They start at like $15,000 or something
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Feb 28, 2009,
the g35's nice. the rx-8 burns too much fuel for too little power. duno how much an evo 8 is in america but u might wanna have a look at it, roomy, fast, handles great, super fun to drive and doesnt look bad at all. And it doenst guzzle up fuel that fast.

EDIT: You might want to have a look at the evo 6 and 7 as well, but they're less fuel efficient.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Last edited by macaroni at Feb 28, 2009,
all right, im considering...

2003 infiniti g35
2007 civic coupe
2007 ford mustang MAYBE
Lunatics on pogo sticks