Ok, well right now i have a great guitar, but a crap awful 15 amp ibanez.

The amps i've looked at are:

cube 60, 30x, 20x

peavey vyper (tried it, and its awesome)

line 6 POD 2.0

and possibly a line 6 pod x3

guitar rig 3 (tried it, absolutely hated it)

my price range would be less than 500$, im only a kid, so i rely on Christmas and my birthday. The wattage doesnt really matter, i don't play at any gigs but im in a band, and we want to record a few things. anything 20 watts and above will do. cube or solid state, i dont care, but i do want good distortion on it, and if possible a clean and dirt channel.
what genres of music do you play?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
What types of music do you play?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I used to have a cube 30x. Was ideal for recording and sounded extremely nice for a non-tube amp.
Up until i was 15 I used a POD XT live through some old peavy acoustic amp. For the time being it was perfect. I recommend that route (go used!) But once you upgrade to a nice amp you're not gonna want to use your POD, so that's something you're going to want to consider as well...
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC15
B-52

It would help to know genres you play and where you are so you can look used.
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, or Vypyr 75 + Sanpera II footswitch.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
what genres of music do you play?

I play anything from some softer rock, and some clean stuff, to heavy metal. mostly heavier stuff

I live in western new york, by Rochester if anyone knows that place. The nearest guitar center is like, 30 minutes away. I dont know where to buy used aside from the scratch n dents on musicians friend, or on ebay.
Last edited by renzuokun at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by stevenpollock
Up until i was 15 I used a POD XT live through some old peavy acoustic amp. For the time being it was perfect. I recommend that route (go used!) But once you upgrade to a nice amp you're not gonna want to use your POD, so that's something you're going to want to consider as well...

looks like theres a similar boat we can float on
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Mitchell?
Don't you have the House of Guitars?

yes we do, not incredibly far away either.