I searched and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for, but I'm looking into trading my DD-7 for DL4 strictly for the ease-of-use Tap Tempo feature. I know the DD-7 has it but it doesnt seem to work quite right and I don't want to have to hold and wait on anything to start the tap feature. I haven't had a chance to try the DL4 yet but I've heard a comment about it sucking tone. Truism? And what are your opinions between the two? Thanks!

READY SET GO!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Feb 28, 2009,
If you just want a tap tempo, buy a nonlatching footswitch and hook it up into the exp. pedal output on the dd-7.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
DL4 definatley, but I thought it was tooooo big, Marshall Echohead has all those features and more!

That looks like heaps below my current Boss pedal . and doesn't have a dedicated tap button. So a Tap Tempo is going to be the same that I'm having to deal with right now.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Quote by imicius
If you just want a tap tempo, buy a nonlatching footswitch and hook it up into the exp. pedal output on the dd-7.
Hmmm tell me more. Is it going to be more complicated than it's worth?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
dp
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
I own the dd-7 and its really ****ing awesome in just about every way
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Thanks everyone so far! But I still havent gotten any opinions on which pedal is better?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
The DL4 owns the DD-7 in every way IMO. By that I mean the ability to make presets, the sound quality, and the looper. And the tap tempo on the Boss is really awkward.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'd take a DD-7 with an ext. tap tempo over a DL-4.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Feb 28, 2009,
Which keeps tone better?
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
the DL4 has a pretty big volume drop when you kick it on when the amps volume is high. Atleast for my amp. That can be fixed with the keeley mod which i have no idea how to do but i love having 3 diferent delays on hand at any time. and the looper is great to.
I think the DD7 has a longer looper time though. Never used the DD7 so cant say too much about it.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Both the DD-7 and the DL-4 sound great, it really comes down to what you want.

You want to have presets? The extra control of the tone of your delay? DL-4.
You want simplicity to get a sweet tone? DD-7.

By the way, have you checked out the T.C. Electronic Nova Delay?
Dl4
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
The DL4 can do so much.

Also, I want to see that ES-125 of yours. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by Mitchell?
Both the DD-7 and the DL-4 sound great, it really comes down to what you want.

You want to have presets? The extra control of the tone of your delay? DL-4.
You want simplicity to get a sweet tone? DD-7.

By the way, have you checked out the T.C. Electronic Nova Delay?

Presets sound like a good idea for me. I use delay in almost every song my band plays. It adds a lot to the music my band plays and it really helps a single guitarist to thicken the sound in lead parts. I like my DD-7 but I never really tried anything else before I got it (it was free ) and that Nova looks awesome. Might be a little too much than what I need though. It sounds awesome though. I'll call and see if anywhere carries them in my area.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Im also debating between the two. I hate the idea of a volume drop with DL4, but i really would love all those presets.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'm using my DL4 for recording use, not sure how this would fare live with quality issues and volume etc...but the sounds I get are sweeeeet. Love the modulated delay and all the other various tones available, the sounds I am getting was enough reason to keep this.

Tried a DD-7 also when I went to check out the DL4, the Boss was really good to but in the I just couldn't get used to using it. The presets on the DL4 seems to makes things much simpler and easier to use, however both delays were awesome and i'd be more than happy to go back for the DD-7 any day.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
You can have tap tempo on the DD-7. Without an extension. Just hold down the button for two seconds then you can tap
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by Mitchell?
I'd take a DD-7 with an ext. tap tempo over a DL-4.

THIS. He speaks the truth.

Quote by stradivari310
The DL4 owns the DD-7 in every way IMO. By that I mean the ability to make presets, the sound quality, and the looper. And the tap tempo on the Boss is really awkward.

No, The DL-4 would realistically take up at least 1/4 of my pedalboard, whereas the dd-7 takes 1/10.

The tap tempo isn't awkward, its just like any other tap tempo, you hold it for 2 seconds to get into that mode and thats it. With the footswitch you just click for tempo on the footswitch and turn on the pedal, whats the deal there?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by dcdossett65
Im also debating between the two. I hate the idea of a volume drop with DL4, but i really would love all those presets.

Volume drop? Eh... there's alrighty a slight tone/volume drop when my effects loop is on.. fudgeeynuh i may need to try that nova delay.

Quote by acdclandon
THIS. He speaks the truth.

The tap tempo isn't awkward, its just like any other tap tempo, you hold it for 2 seconds to get into that mode and thats it. With the footswitch you just click for tempo on the footswitch and turn on the pedal, whats the deal there?

I don't like trying to hold it before i can tap. I turn it on and off too often for that. It doesnt seem to get the time signature right either...
I just may be using it... not exactly right. I'll play with it tomorrow.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Mar 2, 2009,
2 words: nova delay
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The DD-7 obliterates the DL4.

Want proof? Hook up an expression pedal to the DD-7. Your mind will be blown.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
It seems everyone ablsolutely loves whichever pedal is best for them. I think I'm going with the DL4. I don't really have the want to hook up an external pedal. And the nova seems too be too much.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by wiliscool

The DL4 can also be hooked up to an expression pedal. Your point?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
The DL4 can also be hooked up to an expression pedal. Your point?

But you can only control 1 parameter at a time right?
Quote by handbanana
Quote by stevenpollock
It seems everyone ablsolutely loves whichever pedal is best for them. I think I'm going with the DL4. I don't really have the want to hook up an external pedal. And the nova seems too be too much.

Well if you don't want to hook up the external footswitch than don't bother with the DD-7, I still don't get why not though, its like 20 bucks, you could get one by a different company for cheaper as well too

As said their both good, but if you ignore the ext. footswitch control on the dd-7 than yes tap tempo will be difficult to do in time

...or you could get the footswitch and problems would get solved
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by wiliscool

how so?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by acdclandon
Well if you don't want to hook up the external footswitch than don't bother with the DD-7, I still don't get why not though, its like 20 bucks, you could get one by a different company for cheaper as well too

As said their both good, but if you ignore the ext. footswitch control on the dd-7 than yes tap tempo will be difficult to do in time

...or you could get the footswitch and problems would get solved

I took it into consideration but after using the DL4 for about 30 minutes today down at the store I decided to go with it. Ironically it doesn't doesn't power on so I'll be returning it tomorrow. The external footswitch setup is doable, but just doesn't seem practical for me. I also tried the Nova but for the price, it seems it'd only be worth it if I had a stereo setup. Because it basically did what the DL4 did in a more complicated way. I chose the DL4 based on it's ease of use I feel. And it does what I need it to, and it actually allowed me to free up space on my board because of it's size and my new organization

BTW I actually found out I have a DD-6.. I'm not sure why I thought it was a DD-7. I'm going to be posting it on eBay along with a Crybaby Classic Wah if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts people!
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
I took it into consideration but after using the DL4 for about 30 minutes today down at the store I decided to go with it. Ironically it doesn't doesn't power on so I'll be returning it tomorrow. The external footswitch setup is doable, but just doesn't seem practical for me. I also tried the Nova but for the price, it seems it'd only be worth it if I had a stereo setup. Because it basically did what the DL4 did in a more complicated way. I chose the DL4 based on it's ease of use I feel. And it does what I need it to, and it actually allowed me to free up space on my board because of it's size and my new organization

BTW I actually found out I have a DD-6.. I'm not sure why I thought it was a DD-7. I'm going to be posting it on eBay along with a Crybaby Classic Wah if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts people!

DD-6? Well there is no ext. footswitch capabilities for that, as well as the overall pedal being in a lower class than the DD-7 imo, I would take a DL-4 over a DD-6 though, so good move
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon

DD-6? Well there is no ext. footswitch capabilities for that, as well as the overall pedal being in a lower class than the DD-7 imo, I would take a DL-4 over a DD-6 though, so good move

Haha well I'm glad! Yeah I mean I had the name covered with tape where I had my settings written down, and the box has been in a drawer for over a year so I'm not sure where I got DD-7 from. At GC I was hyped on the DL4. Hopefully I still will when I get a working model back to the studio with me tomorrow
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I saw that too. It was in the same boat as the Nova for me..
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

Quote by neverspoiled
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
I saw that too. It was in the same boat as the Nova for me..

It is totally awesome though - much more intricate than the DL4. Ehh - do what you want.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by sg622
how so?

Maybe obliterates was too strong a word.

I just love using an expression pedal with my DD-7. Set it to controll the rate and feedback at the same time and you can get some great (and actually useable) sounds. As far as I know (and I could be wrong) you can only control 1 parameter at a time with an expression pedal on the DL4.

The DD-7 is just better in my book.
Quote by handbanana