Ok so. i downloaded audacity and its been working pretty well. but. i want to do a recording of walk with me in hell by lamb of god. problem is the original recording is in Drop d and im set up for drop c so with the help of guitar pro boom, everythings good to go to drop C. I got to file and export the midi to my documents. i open audacity and go to import midi. i select my file and load it. it goes into the liek tray thing. then i go to press play. i get an error it says error when openning sound device, check your output device settings and the project sample rate. what do i have to do to let it play?
another problem i have. so ive been recording, i have mics and micked up my amp. recorded the first take of guitars into audacity. i go to do the second take everythings good and happy. then i go to play them back and its starts out good all in sync then one track speeds up. they go horribly out of sync. whats happening? any help would be great
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

erm im not sure if this is answering you point but i read somewhere that you cant play midi files in audacity. you can only 'study' them. for people doing music at degree level or sound engineering.

EDIT: your second point, i had a problem with but i reinstalled it and it worked fine so maybe try that
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Feb 28, 2009,
really? ok. if i recorded guitars then put it in with the midi file and hten saved the project as a .wav or .mp3 would everything be ok?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

well as far as the timing thing. maybe its you?

use a metronom
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Quote by Spider22
really? ok. if i recorded guitars then put it in with the midi file and hten saved the project as a .wav or .mp3 would everything be ok?

erm im not sure. if you did it might be a different speed anyway.

another program you can try is mixcraft. you can get a demo of it. it does play the midi files and it is really easy to use. i instantly knew it sounded and worked well so i bought it. that means im not sure what the limitations are for the demo

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
how much is it? where can you buy it. lol ya i know i thought it too and i did the metronome thing. still dont work lol. like its noticably out of sync. by the end of the song its liek 3 bars behind.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

If I understand correctly you are wanting to use the Guitar Pro RSE sound as a backing track? In that case just select "Wave Out Mix" from the drop down menu in Audacity and hit the record button then hit the play button in Guitar Pro and it will record the track, or the sound coming out of your speakers. Then stop the recording once done and hit play to make sure the volume and everything sounds good before you record yourself playing. You can adjust the sound of the track by shifting the button in between the "+ and -". Hope this helps
Quote by Spider22
how much is it? where can you buy it. lol ya i know i thought it too and i did the metronome thing. still dont work lol. like its noticably out of sync. by the end of the song its liek 3 bars behind.

u can buy it from the mixcraft site. google it

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by BulletformyVal
If I understand correctly you are wanting to use the Guitar Pro RSE sound as a backing track? In that case just select "Wave Out Mix" from the drop down menu in Audacity and hit the record button then hit the play button in Guitar Pro and it will record the track, or the sound coming out of your speakers. Then stop the recording once done and hit play to make sure the volume and everything sounds good before you record yourself playing. You can adjust the sound of the track by shifting the button in between the "+ and -". Hope this helps

give this a go

Quote by angusfan16
ok where is the wave out mix in audacity?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

nvm found it. on mine it says stereo mix. now what about the recording timing things?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by Spider22
ok where is the wave out mix in audacity?

Once you open the program look at the very top upper right, there is a drop down menu where you can select: Microphone, Wave Out Mix, Line In, CD Player, Aux.
thanks so much
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

I honestly don't know about the recordings being out of sync, but this has happened to me as well. It will usually happen if I am recording guitar along with an actual studio recording. The only advice I can offer is that you have to notice when it starts to get off sync, then stop it. Next you will have to cut the track at that spot and insert a new track by selecting Project -> New Stereo Track and pasting the other half. Then line it up to where it sounds good.
Last edited by BulletformyVal at Feb 28, 2009,
lol thats too much work. but thanks. it happened when i just tracked 1 guitar by it self not over studio stuff and then my second track. i can use my liek hand held recorder. it sounds better than my comp mics anyways then load them into audacity. thanks for the help.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by Spider22
lol thats too much work. but thanks. it happened when i just tracked 1 guitar by it self not over studio stuff and then my second track. i can use my liek hand held recorder. it sounds better than my comp mics anyways then load them into audacity. thanks for the help.

Yeah it can take some work, hope this helped you somewhat.