yeah, itd make some difference. what pickups do you currently have, and what sort of tones are you looking for from a pickup swap?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Just buy a mexican strat best investment you will ever make and sell the squier
Quote by Dempsey68
what amp ya got?

that makes a HUGE difference

flextone III as he mentioned in the title
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
absolutely. the cheapest guitars have the cheapest pickups. i have a MIM fender strat (ps dont call a squire a fender, seriously) and even the pickups in that were lacking in the tone department (its acutally out to the leuthire now getting dimarzio true velvets and a fred humbucker in the bridge as well as some electronics mods). the pups are the biggest tone factor in the guitar. you have to consider wether its worth spending that much on a cheap guitar. im not trying to talk sht about your axe but you might want to consider upgrading to a better playing guitar that is built to last and not have a neck thats twisted like a freeway onramp after a few summer winter humidity cycles. i always recommend to anybody that takes playing seriously to get a quality guitar and amp before spending on upgrades and FX. the sweet spot for the price quality ratio is around 300 to 500 dollars. but if you really want to try the new pups you could always just throw the old ones back in the squire and put the ones you bought in a better guitar when you decide to upgrade to a decent guitar.
If you like your Squier's feel (i.e. neck, fretboard, body) then look into possibly Fralins, Fenders or Lace Sensors (my personal favorites).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yes new pickups will make a big diff in a squier

Also change the rest of the electronics
goto guitarfetish.com and order a new strat wiring kit. Better pots/switches will make a big diff.
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could