Poll: Which guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar?
Fender Telecaster 72 Thinline
19 70%
Ibanez Artcore AS103
8 30%
Voters: 27.
I know I definitely need/want a semi hollow for the stuff I'm playing...the question is which.

Stuff I Play: Angels & Airwaves, Blink 182, Bloc Party, Coldplay, The Cure, Nirvana.

Amp: Palomino V32
I'd personally prefer the Ibanez in this situation, mainly because of the set neck and the binding on the neck, headstock, and body.

The 72 thinline is a good guitar, but I didn't really gel with it personally.

Have you played either one?
i play ibanez and am looking into gettin a tele
MG + SPIDER=

Ibanez RG

Cort VX

Marshall JTM 60
artcores are really good. I used to own one and it was great. Does this telecaster have single-coil pickups or humbuckers?
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
epiphone 335?

just a suggestion, anyway, personaly i'd take the telecaster
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by ilikeguitar90
artcores are really good. I used to own one and it was great. Does this telecaster have single-coil pickups or humbuckers?

This one's the one with the humbuckers.

Oh, and in the Tele's case, Im planning to switch the pots to better ones, for those who've thought that con out.

Oh...and remember to use the poll. The opinions outweight the actual votes...
Quote by Whiskky
Artcores are a great value, especially the customs, which include the AS103. Besides, I believe it would easily fit the styles you intend to play.

My vote goes to the AS.

Finally getting some detailed explanation from the Ibanez side---okay, keep them coming!
I would go with the as103 personally, since I own one if you want to hear what it sounds like, just go to my profile and have a listen to my newer mp3s, all were done with the as103. If you want a pretty bright sound, the tele would definitely be the way to go, although I must say the bridge pickup on the ibanez is very bright when kicked on. If you do end up with the ibanez, turn the selector to the neck pickup and roll back the tone knob 3/4 the way....like butter.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
I would go with the as103 personally, since I own one if you want to hear what it sounds like, just go to my profile and have a listen to my newer mp3s, all were done with the as103. If you want a pretty bright sound, the tele would definitely be the way to go, although I must say the bridge pickup on the ibanez is very bright when kicked on. If you do end up with the ibanez, turn the selector to the neck pickup and roll back the tone knob 3/4 the way....like butter.

The cleans on that sound very good. Do you have anything with a little distortion tacked on?
how much distortion do you want 'tacked on'? I could do a demo for you if you specify.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
ive never played a thinline tele, but i have played artcores and other larger semi-hollows. ive always felt that the larger semi-hollows will give more of that sound i associate with SH guitars. ive always thought teles were fairly bright guitars, so the hollow-ness might mellow it out some. however, the artcore is probably going to have more of that mellow warmth because it is larger and such. i know that i would go ibanez, but i feel that they are going to sound different enough that you are going to have to decide which suits the sound you want by yourself.
Quote by ledroses23
how much distortion do you want 'tacked on'? I could do a demo for you if you specify.

Well, the HARDEST I'll ever see myself playing is hard rock stuff, like Velvet Revolver, RATM, etc.

So I guess that at one end...and on the other end, just a touch of distortion, for blues and stuff.
Ill see what I can do. My studio headphones just broke a few days ago and only spit sound out the left side, so after I get some new ones Ill make a demo for you. I must say though, If you play RATM and Velvet Revolver type hard rock the most, I would definitely go for the Tele because its gonna be way more punchy than the artcore could ever wish to be. Butif you stay on the mellower side of rock and play blues, I would definitely go with the artcore.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Last edited by ledroses23 at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by ledroses23
Ill see what I can do. My studio headphones just broke a few days ago and only spit sound out the left side, so after I get some new ones Ill make a demo for you. I must say though, If you play RATM and Velvet Revolver type hard rock the most, I would definitely go for the Tele because its gonna be way more punchy than the artcore could ever wish to be. Butif you stay on the mellower side of rock and play blues, I would definitely go with the artcore.

Awesome, thanks.

See, there's the thing---I want something that can do both, even if it can't do one as good as the other. The deciding factor would be which one can do better at what it's not suited for, and vice versa.