Hi good people !

First thread.
Im sellin' a guitar and after buyin back all I borrowed from my kind dad I have 300 € (375 $ ) to spend.
What guitar gear shall i buy from that money ? I don't realy need something but maybe if somone has a good idea I will buy that ( of course if a wanna buy that ).
Im a big fan of slash.
Here is my current rig :

Guitars :
Main:
Gibson les paul Standard
Backup:
Gibson les paul studio
Epiphone les paul standard

Effects:
Zoom 1201 studio reverb
Fultone Full-drive 2 Overdrive
Marshall Guv'nor GV-2 Dist.
Boss AC-2 Acoustic simulator
Boss GE-7 EQ
Boss CS-3 Compressor/sustainer
Boss OC-3 Super Octaver
Boss DD-7 Digital delay and looper
Digitech Screamin' Blues Overdrive/Distortion
Dunlop Cry baby GCB-95 wah pedal
Boss FV-300l Volume pedal
Line 6 Pod XT

Amp's:

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Marshall Valvestate 8240 stereo chorus 80 watt with Tube preamp

Other :

Dunlop ULTREX 1.14 mm Picks
Ernie ball slinky 0.11 Strings
Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board
Boss Cables
Boss TU-15 Tuner
Marshall foot controller
Line 6 FBX custom foot controller

Please help !

Peace
Upgrading your cables maybe? Don't know
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
(looks at gear)(looks at my own gear) I dunno, donate it to charity?
but seriously maybe a slash crybaby? maybe concert tickets or something? Even with ur epic gear you might find something that needs improving, so do it.
ಠ_ಠ
What is a wimp like you doing in a place like this?
A gun to shoot me with, I am so jealous of those amps and effects. I could care less for the guitars I prefer jackson and ibanez
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Steven E
A gun to shoot me with, I am so jealous of those amps and effects. I could care less for the guitars I prefer jackson and ibanez

well, wouldn't it be better if he just gave you the money? that way you could actually buy something too??!!

Fool!
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.

UG's only Belgian Prog Rock band member
Here's my Equipboard: http://equipboard.com/wdsuita
Get an RMC or Fulltone wah, or even the Dunlop 535Q. You may also want to get an MXR M-108 over your Boss GE-7; the MXR has 10 bands over the GE's 7 and has better sound.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
375... sell your 2000 and buy an 800 :P

but seriously mate, you dont really need anything, just keep saving and improve your amp collection
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Raijouta
Get an RMC or Fulltone wah, or even the Dunlop 535Q. You may also want to get an MXR M-108 over your Boss GE-7; the MXR has 10 bands over the GE's 7 and has better sound.

replacing the EQ was going to be my suggestion as well, the MXR has more bands, and is quieter as well. If you've got 3 guitars, you might want to sell the Epi, and then you'd have closer to 7 or 8 hundred to toss around. Also, ditch the valvestate too. I'm sure you never touch it with that JCM kicking around. If you did that, you might have 1000 or 1100 kicking around (ish, maybe more or less, who knows) And then you could maybe update your wah (though you already could do that with the 300 you have), and get a good set of mod effects. Cause I notice that's the thing you really don't have. Also, maybe an analog delay as well, to give a second different sound than that of your digital one.

But, I do agree with everyone in saying you've already got a pretty nice rig.

Also, you should post pictures in the "pictures of my rig" thread.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by nightraven
TS's gear isn't that good :\

you could easily size down that board and the vast amount of guitars and use all your money on a solid set of modulation effects (chorus, flanger, phaser...) or maybe get an envelope filter. there are other brands apart from Boss, believe it or not.

Why shall I the effects I have now again but from another brand ? I mean it sounds crazy dude. The envelope filter was a great idea, but i think im not usein' it anymore after a week.
Quote by echo_4190
replacing the EQ was going to be my suggestion as well, the MXR has more bands, and is quieter as well. If you've got 3 guitars, you might want to sell the Epi, and then you'd have closer to 7 or 8 hundred to toss around. Also, ditch the valvestate too. I'm sure you never touch it with that JCM kicking around. If you did that, you might have 1000 or 1100 kicking around (ish, maybe more or less, who knows) And then you could maybe update your wah (though you already could do that with the 300 you have), and get a good set of mod effects. Cause I notice that's the thing you really don't have. Also, maybe an analog delay as well, to give a second different sound than that of your digital one.

But, I do agree with everyone in saying you've already got a pretty nice rig.

Also, you should post pictures in the "pictures of my rig" thread.

Hey dude

The EQ is a great idea... the only thing is slash used the GE-7 for manny years in his GNR time. Now his usein the 10 brand EQ by MXR but I dont realy like his VR tone so maybe I better hold my GE-7. Do you mean a rack wah ? Thats a gig thing dude (and for the moment I don't do any gigs) and I like my current wah sound. The mod idea is great ! I think I will do that for it. Got any ideas what mods i can buy for 300 ? I was thinkin about a Line 6 MM-4 can someone pleasetell me if i better buy that or some normal stomp boxes (not by boss )? The analog dealy is a good idea too ! Does anyone have an idea which one ?
After thinkin , the mods I can buy are also on my pod XT.

The analog delay too. Other idea's are welcome !
saint, im not a fuzz guy, but you bring me on an idea ! I wanna buy an Electro harmonics English Muffin' !!!! I can buy one for 200 € then I hold 100 € what shall i buy from that ?
Ive got it !!!!!! Im goin to buy an Electro harmonics English Muffin' and an MM-4 Modulation unit by Line 6 Thanks for the Reply's
What's the Line 6 pedal do? And a good choice. it's always fun to have an overdrive with tubes. Though I would've gone with a Tone Bone, good choice regardless. In case you wanna check out the Radial Tonebone, here's a link to the classic. http://www.zzounds.com/item--RADTBCLAS. they've got a hot english one, and a tritone one as well. There's a lot more, but those are the main ones i can think of.

You can use it to buy a hellova lotta guitar picks...
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
TS's gear is marginal at best (no offense), so I don't see why people are worshipping it.

Sell the two amps and get a used JCM800. Get a Micro Pog too. Sell all the other effects and get an RMC Picture wah, an MXR Carbon Copy, MXR 6/10 band EQ and possibly another OD if you really need one, which I doubt you will.

Is it a necessity to have two meh guitars to back up your Les Paul? Or is it that unreliable?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
What's the Line 6 pedal do? And a good choice. it's always fun to have an overdrive with tubes. Though I would've gone with a Tone Bone, good choice regardless. In case you wanna check out the Radial Tonebone, here's a link to the classic. http://www.zzounds.com/item--RADTBCLAS. they've got a hot english one, and a tritone one as well. There's a lot more, but those are the main ones i can think of.

The MM-4 is a MOD pedal but with a lot of different mods in it , and all the mods are soundin' the same as the original stomp box of it !
Maybe I better buy a 10 brand EQ (MXR) boost/linedriver(MXR) and some mod effects.