i got a question ....

im BROKE! but i want that classic tele look cause my metal guitars suck cause they only do metal

so i was in my some what local guitar shop and looked over at the squier section....jokingly i took down to have a try and i must say i was really amazed by it (squier tele custom 72 black). really nice. so my q is= what are the classic vibe tele squiers like>??
MG + SPIDER=

Ibanez RG

Cort VX

Marshall JTM 60
they're supposed to be really good. Comparable to mexican standard strats/teles. I'm looking into the 50s and 60s squier classic vibe strats myself.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
they are great for what you pay, much better than squier strats you get in starter packs
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i read a review on the classic vibe recently, it was good

SeeEmilyPlay>yeah there are crappy squires of course, but there are good ones as well, i have a squier deluxe strat and its nice.
Last edited by tensaigamer0 at Feb 28, 2009,
Nothing agaist squires, but If you went with a used mim fender it would probably be even cheaper, and by far your best option.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Oh man I would never wish a SQUIER upon anyone! I think they're a crappy second-line guitar. Save your money and wait to buy atleast a mexican fender- they're worth it trust me I own two.

thats just stupid. squires can be good or bad. sure they wont ever really rival a MIA fender, but there are squires out there that are good. you obviously are biased because of the name on the headstock, which is bad.

ts, the thing with squires is you have to try before you buy. some are great, and with a couple minor upgrades make nice guitars. new pickups and maybe some hardware and you most definatly get your money's worth. other squires will play horribly no matter how much money you sink into it. so if you find a squire with a good neck and a good feel, then get it. you can put some new tuners on it and new pots/wiring. for that extra $30-40 you make the guitar a good deal nicer. but if the guitar doesnt play well to begin with, then dont bother with it.
TS, anyone that just flat out says squiers suck are either misinformed or just ignorant.

the higher end squiers are pretty decent. Now I'm not saying they're the best guitars ever or anything, but they are definitely great value for the money. Don't be put off by the brand name. Either go with a used MIM tele or get a higher end squier tele.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
used mim guitars are hard to come by round ireland lol
MG + SPIDER=

Ibanez RG

Cort VX

Marshall JTM 60
I have always wanted a butterscotch blonde tele,but the cheapest one they have is a Squier.

Do you think it would be worth it or should I ditch that dream until I can somehow afford a high-end fender one?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
If you go on musiciansfriend you can get a high-end Squier telecaster for $400, but for only 100 dollars more you can get a real Fender telecaster so why not just save up and get the Fender.