Hey, if I run a distortion pedal through my Deluxe Reverb with a humbucker guitar, will it sound bad for metal. At the moment, it's for bedroom practice/jams with a friend, so I don't need a 6505 or Rectifier yet.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
If you dont go really crazy with the gain you'll be fine. Also, is it a stacked HB?
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
No, it'd be a normal one.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It would sound good, DRRI's take pedals quite well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Then just don't go over board on the gain cause that would give you alot of feed back and possibly buzz like a bitch.

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

Wait, stacked HB's take gain well. And IF I do still play metal by then, it'll be All That Remains and Killswitch Engage, who use amp overdrive and not distortion pedals.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Wait, stacked HB's take gain well. And IF I do still play metal by then, it'll be All That Remains and Killswitch Engage, who use amp overdrive and not distortion pedals.

Yea, and stacked HBs dont buzz through high gain as bad as a regular HB

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

Do you think the tones I said would be that buzzy with normal 'buckers? I could get them potted.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Do you think the tones I said would be that buzzy with normal 'buckers? I could get them potted.

That would work too but you don't have to as long as you don't mix high gain with high volume. As volume increases, decrease the gain or it will feed back like a mofo.

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC

Quote by Masamune

for metal try a EH metal muff or a boss mt-2 or basically any quality pedal with metal in the name really. or you could try an overdrive to get more gain if you like the amps distortion but just want more.
MichaelofCanton, I'll probably buy a Metal Muff. The amp is usually run at 3, Mad Mike, that would that feedback?
Quote by chip46