I like my Ibanez TS-7 for the price but I think I could get something better in the way of an overdrive or distortion. What I really want out of this is a tone similar to Joe Satriani, Steve Vai (I've managed to get a bit of this from my ts7 but it gets a little harsh and brittle if i turn up the gain or tone) but I would also like the pedal to have the capability to do lower gain tones (blues + rock) and to boost or tighten an overdriven amp. I've considered Keeley pedals because I know many artists with the tones I'm looking for use them.

A list of pedals I was thinking of:
Keeley Ts9dx flexi (very expensive... worth it?)
Keeley ds1 (sounds like it could give me the satch/vai tone, would it work well with my amp considering its a distortion and not an od?)
Keeley Ts9 baked mod (versatile enough? just high gain tones?)
Vox Satchurator (didnt like it that much when i tried it briefly. opinions?)
Ibanez Jemini (don't know much about this one)

Any opinions on what I should get or on any of these pedals?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Vai uses a Keeley mod DS-1, so why not go with that?

The Jemini was i think vai's original pedal if im not mistaken, correct me if im wrong.
I have a love affair with the Keeley Blues Driver...maybe see if you can get your hands on one of those?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I have a love affair with the Keeley Blues Driver...maybe see if you can get your hands on one of those?

interesting, is it good for vocal lead tones (satriani style)?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
From what I've seen from the YouTube demos by Vai and Satriani on their respective pedals, they seem great, but that might be because they know how to use them perfectly. If indeed they're as good as they sound, I'd go for the Satchurator. Although, the Jemini has a lower gain setting...
it's probably a little short of what you want, now that I really think about it.

Don't judge me.
satriani, vai, and pettruci don't use the ds-1 as the main source of their tone they use it as a boost so you don't expetct it to be the holy grail you've been looking for
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Fulltone Fulldrive MOSFET, Maxon TBO-9, and MI Audio Tube Zone are worth looking at.

Don't judge me.
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET!
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
thanks for the responses! anyone tried a keeley ts9dx mod? is it worth it considering how expensive it is?
I have a Keeley TS9 Baked mod, and I think it's better than the DX. The DX is just overpriced and bad to begin with, IMO.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I have a Keeley TS9 Baked mod, and I think it's better than the DX. The DX is just overpriced and bad to begin with, IMO.

wait, isn't the dx just a combination of the ts9 baked mod and the regular ts9 mod that keeley does?

also, whats your impression of the baked mod? does it have too much gain to be usable for rock and blues applications or to boost an amp? is it good for vocal-like leads? TELL ME EVERYTHING
The DX is a pedal straight from Ibanez. He just upgrades the circuits like he does in all his other pedals. I use my TS9 almost exclusively as a boost. It has a fair amount of gain, and the mid-hump is almost deleted. It doesn't have too much gain for rock. That's pretty much all I play. As far as vocal leads, an EQ or a boost might be what you want. Look at Keeley's Time Machine boost.

Don't judge me.
There are other modders out there. Analogman, Monteallums, Indyguitarist, Cmatmods to name a few. In fact, Monteallums is working on adapting the TS9 Tri-gain mod for the TS7. I have nothing against Keeley. Heck, I have one of his mods.

I like Monteallums because he has lots of different options. He lets Chad Matthew (CMatmods) do the mods for him, unless you want to solder yourself. Chad's really cool. He responds to e-mails fast and answers all questions. Very helpful. After listening to all the different sounds clips, all the emails, I sent my DS1 to him.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by leondb
There are other modders out there. Analogman, Monteallums, Indyguitarist, Cmatmods to name a few. In fact, Monteallums is working on adapting the TS9 Tri-gain mod for the TS7. I have nothing against Keeley. Heck, I have one of his mods.

I like Monteallums because he has lots of different options. He lets Chad Matthew (CMatmods) do the mods for him, unless you want to solder yourself. Chad's really cool. He responds to e-mails fast and answers all questions. Very helpful. After listening to all the different sounds clips, all the emails, I sent my DS1 to him.

I'll check these out. It'd be a bonus if I could actually get the ts7 modded. The reason I went to keeley first is because the tone I'm trying to get is the tone of users of a few keeley pedals (vai, petrucci, satch use the ds1 or the DX mod)
Oh man I forgot that Analogman has a mod for the TS7, to bring it up to the classic 808 specs. http://www.analogman.com/tsorder.htm
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦