I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but I played a Hot Rod deluxe today, and for some reason, I got brighter cleans out of it than I could get from the Twin Reverb. They were both floor models so maybe that has something to with it. Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon?
No. Tis not true. Did you play the same guitar with same tone settings?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
No. Tis not true. Did you play the same guitar with same tone settings?

abosolutely. Les paul studio guitar, volume and tone turned all the way up to 10. EQ on the amps:

HRD: Treble 8, Mid 0, Bass 12. Bright switch on. Presence on 12.

Twin Reverb RI: Treble 7, Mid 0, Bass 10. Bright switch on. I played these settings through both the vibrato and normal channels on the Twin.

Did i just find a lousy Twin Reverb or did I find the HRD of the gods...
Elements of both I would say. The Reverb series and the Fender Tweed Reissues are some of the brightest amps in the world.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by ghiyath
abosolutely. Les paul studio guitar, volume and tone turned all the way up to 10. EQ on the amps:

HRD: Treble 8, Mid 0, Bass 12. Bright switch on. Presence on 12.

Twin Reverb RI: Treble 7, Mid 0, Bass 10. Bright switch on. I played these settings through both the vibrato and normal channels on the Twin.

Did i just find a lousy Twin Reverb or did I find the HRD of the gods...

I think you just don't know how to EQ
Yeah, they should be set the same. And why no mids?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Yeah, they should be set the same. And why no mids?

I would set them the same but the HRD goes to 12 and the Twin goes up to 10 so i didn't know how to make them exactly alike. and i like how it sounds without mids. I'm no expert on amps, that's why i'm asking UG.
Quote by ghiyath
I would set them the same but the HRD goes to 12 and the Twin goes up to 10 so i didn't know how to make them exactly alike. and i like how it sounds without mids. I'm no expert on amps, that's why i'm asking UG.

To be honest. I just think you don't know how to make an amp sound good via EQing.
No offense.
Quote by ghiyath
I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but I played a Hot Rod deluxe today, and for some reason, I got brighter cleans out of it than I could get from the Twin Reverb. They were both floor models so maybe that has something to with it. Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon?

That sounds like it would be tinnitus in a box.

The Hot Rod Deluxe is a 1x12, so it'll have less thump. It's also less than half the wattage of the Twin Reverb.

The normal channel is also a bit brighter than the vibrato channel.

Also, was the bright switch engaged?

Also, those settings suck, hard. Presence at 12?