I was wondering if there is any way to wire pickups to increase the gain/output. Also, is there a way to wire so you get more tone (more treble, more bass, more mids. more eq basically) without affecting the output?

Thanks
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I dont think so. At least not just changing how its wired. You can add onboard things like an EMG afterburner, thats a gain boost. I think it can be used with passives as well.
Quote by littlephil
I dont think so. At least not just changing how its wired. You can add onboard things like an EMG afterburner, thats a gain boost. I think it can be used with passives as well.

what he said.

you can only really wire a circuit in a few specific ways, none of which will have too much effect on the sound.
if you only have a volume knob on your guitar for example, you can add a tone pot to the circuit no problem.
but you cant increase gain or tone by just changing the way its wired.
you need to add parts.
why do you want a louder guitar?

Isn't that what amps are for?
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by algemar
why do you want a louder guitar?

Isn't that what amps are for?

My duncan designed pickups on the ltd are pretty thin sounding and i just wanna try and make them sound better without actually switching them out.

and not just louder. more gain. yes amps are good for gain, but when pickups arent great and you dont have money to buy pickups, mods are the way to go.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Feb 28, 2009,