So i've recently decided i want to get into the world of guitar modding and what not.
I decided to take my first guitar Ibanez Start Jam Pack Gio. and scallop it's frets.
The jack is ripped off, the pickups and action suck. There's an abundance of fret buzz.
So i decided what have i got to lose?
I haven't really filed anything in 5 years since a shop class i had making plastic models.

If i get the right tools and spend a whole day doing this, would i possibly do a decent job?
Any tips?

Also if i were to scallop them successfully would it be worth fixing up the action and getting a new jack possibly new pickup?
www.guitarattack.com check out the repairs and techniques page. They got a whole story on scalloping a neck.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Use the fricken search bar. Seriously typing "scalloping" into the search bar uses less brain function then making a whole new thread.
Quote by Dr. House
Use the fricken search bar. Seriously typing "scalloping" into the search bar uses less brain function then making a whole new thread.

Saying something nice uses less brain function than saying something hateful.
^wat
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by ShestShestShest
So i've recently decided i want to get into the world of guitar modding and what not.
I decided to take my first guitar Ibanez Start Jam Pack Gio. and scallop it's frets.
The jack is ripped off, the pickups and action suck. There's an abundance of fret buzz.
So i decided what have i got to lose?
I haven't really filed anything in 5 years since a shop class i had making plastic models.

If i get the right tools and spend a whole day doing this, would i possibly do a decent job?
Any tips?

Also if i were to scallop them successfully would it be worth fixing up the action and getting a new jack possibly new pickup?

the jack is an easy fix, and the action can be sorted out with a minimal amount of reading and patience

the pickup's up to you, dependig how bad it is..

as for the scalloping job, check the thread, as has already been stated :https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1059109&highlight=scalloping

as with setting up a guitar properly, you could do a pretty good job with patience, a bit of research, and the right tools