I need to know, what Electric guitar should I buy? My music styles are Mainly blues rock. I really want something that I can play all sorts of styles on. I want to be able to really shred but at the same time have that comfortable smooth feeling too it. I've had an Epiphone les paul studio, and it was alright. ( a little cheap ), and enjoy the style but I want something a little better. I'm working with around 800-1000 dollars. I really like the Les Paul's. Any ideas?
Quote by 79stratSTONES
strat. you want versatility, there you go. want smooth? thats it too.

this
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
strat or maybe a decent PRS...but i do love my strat
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Quote by Sharck
What kind of amp are you playing through?

None right now I would need to buy one as well.
Keep your Les Paul.

Spend your money on an amp.

One of the hardest things to do as a guitarist is to prioritize your gear, and that's something you're going to have to do here. You can learn right now and make wise decisions down the road, or you can go for a fancy new guitar and learn it the hard way later.

Amp > Guitar

If you have a guitar, don't buy another guitar, buy an amp. Your sound comes from your amp. Guitars are neato, but amps are what it's all about.

I think you should spend your money on a really nice tube amp. $800 will go really far towards a quality tube amp. Buy used and you'll find a great deal, and walk away with wonderful tone, and maybe some money to throw in the bank.
Quote by Sharck
Keep your Les Paul.

Spend your money on an amp.

One of the hardest things to do as a guitarist is to prioritize your gear, and that's something you're going to have to do here. You can learn right now and make wise decisions down the road, or you can go for a fancy new guitar and learn it the hard way later.

Amp > Guitar

If you have a guitar, don't buy another guitar, buy an amp. Your sound comes from your amp. Guitars are neato, but amps are what it's all about.

I think you should spend your money on a really nice tube amp. $800 will go really far towards a quality tube amp. Buy used and you'll find a great deal, and walk away with wonderful tone, and maybe some money to throw in the bank.

Thanks for the advice. I totally do agree with you. Problem is, I did sell my Epihphone a long time ago for a new acoustic. I suppose I could go for a guitar around $500 (such as a nother quality epiphone) and go for the tube amp idea. What would you guys recommnend as far as tube amps go?
Well, say if you had $1000 and split it evenly down the middle, guitar and amp.

That leaves you $500 for an amp... and at the price, I'm sure you could pick up a Fender Blues Jr. which is a freakin' sweet tube amp, perfect for the blues rock you desire to play.