This is it! (or so I think...)
Now I've been posting a lot lately trying to find the right amp, and I'm sorry for being so undecisive.
BUT I've come to this choice.
A Traynor YCV50 for 700$ or Orange Rocker 30 for 1000$(used).
I play classic rock, blues, anything but metal.
A MIA Strat is my weapon of choice
I'm currently a bedroom guitarist, I'll hopefully join a band this year.

I'm lucky enough to have neighbors who are practically never there. Know what that means? CRANK-AGE TIME! But I still don't want my own house to crumble because of my all-powerful musical NOISE.

I know the Traynor has a master volume, which is useful for my situation. Does the Orange have one also? Could I still crank (or somewhat crank) it, or would I need something like an attenuator?

Basically, I'm happy with buying either. But does the Orange have an extra something compared to the Traynor? What are their differences?

Hopefully, this'll be my last amp thread for a while.
Thanks a lot!
If the most sought after things are often the most simple, then:

6 shoelaces of varying sizes tied onto a branch
+ 1 Quarter (pick)
----------------------------
= ULTIMATE TONE
Last edited by MCRibz at Feb 28, 2009,

Anyone?..

+ 1 Quarter (pick)
= ULTIMATE TONE
hm...i've never played a rocker30 but i have a ycv50 blue and it kicks ass. you just need to change the tubes when you get it (if you get it brand new that is). the traynor has a footswitchable boost on the drive channel and a bright switch on the clean channel, and the orange does not. they both have celestion V30's in them.

Really, they're both very similar amps. If you do some research on them and play them yourself, you should come to a decision. It's a matter of personal taste in this case really.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Yeah I tried out the Traynor today at the store. Sounded great.
The only reason why I'd get the Orange over the Traynor is if there's a somewhat significant sound quality difference.
Also, could I crank the Orange a little at home? Or will it make my house burn down to cinders...

+ 1 Quarter (pick)
= ULTIMATE TONE
If you play stuff like that, you'd probably want an AD30. It's got the great Orange sound, but it's more vintage and classic voiced. The Rocker can get a lot of gain.
EDIT: You wanted to know the controls of the Oranges?

Orange AD30HTC front:

Orange Rocker 30 (if you STILL don't want the AD30)

EDITED to remove stupidity

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Mar 1, 2009,
^I wouldn't say that. Sure the Rocker 30 comes with a Vintage 30, but if you change that out it's a classic rock "monster".

I have a Rocker 30 and I use it for classic rock and blues only, it does a great Marshall style tone.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^I wouldn't say that. Sure the Rocker 30 comes with a Vintage 30, but if you change that out it's a classic rock "monster".

I have a Rocker 30 and I use it for classic rock and blues only, it does a great Marshall style tone.

I guess i love the AD a little too much. It's just that higher gain amps scare me . That's good to know if i ever see a cheap Rocker 30 floating around. What'd you change the speaker to? Also, how did you get your name in the Orange logo font???

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Mar 1, 2009,
Well it's NOT a high gain amp, it's a mid gain amp if anything. It's very similar to the AD30, but more Marshall-y. Perfect for classic rock and blues. I don't play metal at all, just classic rock. Heck listen to my band:
www.myspace.com/stownedband

I'm on the right channel and that's my Rocker 30. I have an Eminence Red Fang in it.

I used this sheet:
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009