Poll: Will disinfecting sprays like Lysol be our undoing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will disinfecting sprays like Lysol be our undoing?
yes
17 53%
no
15 47%
Voters: 32.
I was thinking about this today.

Disinfectant sprays are used to kill germs and bacteria that could make us sick. However if we continue using these sprays and our body's don't come into contact with the said bacteria.Wont our immune systems forget how to fight the day to day diseases were exposed to?

Discuss?
Team Coco
Uhm... Err... ehhh.. I'm staying out of this one.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Yes. For instance, i constantly spray Lysol on my junk, and now i have AIDS.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Whenever you go out your house or even open a window, you're exposed to all that crap. I could only see this being an issue if we all lived in purified underground vaults for a few hundred years.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
no. what you should really be worried about is anti biotics. our society is way to dependent on them and they dont follow the guidlines. if you stop taking them when you feel better instead of at the end of the perscription..the bacteria that hasnt been killed will live to be able to reproduce and make strains of resistant bacteria.
Yea, I have an awesome immune system due to the fact I never use any of that shit. There's always the risk that the bacteria will gain resistance.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
That stuff got sprayed into my eyes once. It burned kind of badly. Good thing for the cold water right near me.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
No. Nuclear Holocaust will wipe us all out long before our lack of proper immune systems do.
Quote by Zugunruhe
Yes. For instance, i constantly spray Lysol on my junk, and now i have AIDS.

Yeah, this happened to me once. Good thing I found the cure.
Quote by Kenny77

up down triangle square R1 R2?

yea, its not that tough.
I have no opinion on this matter.
man, if we get wiped out, noone is gonna be around to worry about it.
You guys wanna have some group sex?
I never use Lysol.

I sometimes use Oust when I've dropped a really loud mud-dragon but otherwise, no.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Kenny77

it's magic johnson's money isn't it?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Zugunruhe
up down triangle square R1 R2?

yea, its not that tough.

Well hot damn! Shoulda put a patent on it.
No. So much crap gets in your bodies anyway, we'll be fine. Unless someone creates some kind of superbug. Not like MRSA, but one which you can't get rid of and is incredibly infectious.

That idea scares the **** out of me.

I'm really getting quite paranoid tonight, second time I've said that on here tonight.
That's not exactly what could happen... Even people who use disinfectant sprays religiously will still get sick sometimes so obviously the sprays aren't completely protecting us from everything. But, the bacteria that are not killed by disinfectant sprays can pass on whatever mutation protected them from being killed by the disinfectant when they multiply. That's how we get the super bug.
That stuff is really generally for the germs that we won't have immunities for. You will likely never gain immunity to salmonella or E Coli.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
It's not that our bodies will forget how to fight diseases, it's that those sprays and what not that kill 99.9% of germs contribute to super bugs because it's killing the weaker ones, allowing the generation with the resistance to the chemical to reproduce freely since they now have access to all the resources they once shared and they even EAT the chemicals you spray on them, it's freaky, it's just like the Tokyo subway rats only in bacteria size.