Kinda ticking me off well but it was my own fault for not doing enough research I guess. I was planning to get recording right away after i got my MXL 990/991 & Audio Buddy set, but it seems I need a whole bunch of other stuff like mic stand, shockmount, cables, etc.

Well excluding the NOT COMPLETELY NECESSARY stuff, all I need to get is an Interface, if I'm correct. So I was browsing for one trying to get one that's a popular one with an average 5 star. Now a Line 6 TonePort UX1 comes up. But one thing, it doesn't have phantom power, which means I can't run my mics there? So I dont wanna be rash and just buying a wrong "interface" which will lead me to waste more money. Well I was wondering if the solution came with the Audio Buddy that I have, which has phantom power. Would I be able to connect Audio Buddy into the Line 6 and get the WHOLE thing working? Am I missing anything? And if it could, where would the Audio Buddy be connected in the Line 6?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
Come on guys, I really needa know if I could connect Audio Buddy on the Toneport..
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7

MUSE FAN?!!
What you need to use the audio buddy is an interface with 2 line in inputs. First off do you need more than the two inputs. If not then the audio buddy is kind of pointless because you can just get an interface that has 2 mic inputs already and phantom power. I would suggest this.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMu-0404-USB-2.0-Recording-Interface?sku=242516

However if you want to use the audio buddy inputs and the interface inputs at the same time then you will need the line in inputs as well. An interface like this.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Omega-Desktop-Recording-Studio?sku=245505

You will need cables to run from the output of the audio buddy to the inputs of the interface. Plus mic cables. I would suggest just going with an interface unless you were trying to record drums.

The line 6 interface will work as well with its' two line in inputs in the back.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by doommaker
presonus inspire, maudio fasttrack emu 0202 or toneport, its not gonna be great and there isnt a HUGE difference between them.. but it will do.

out of those four, both the toneport and fasttrack have fairly poor reputations for quality and reliability. and both of the EMU and Presonus interfaces have a higher sample rate (also the Presonus is firewire) it would consider those difference big enough to write off the former two.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Oh woow.. I've already ordered the Toneport lol.. Well now that I see it with all the cost, I think I'm gonna have to return the Audio Buddy and the MXL mics and rather buy the Toneport and a Shure SM58 mic.

Is that a good idea?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

Quote by happytimeharry

Quote by sacred_silence7

MUSE FAN?!!
57 would be better. essentially there isnt too much wrong with the toneport, if your just using it for demos and quick recordings then it doesnt matter in the slightest. If you want to get good results, get the best results you can out of your toneport before upgrading... its like getting in a lambo because you can drive a pedal car... just because you can use the crap alternative does NOT mean you are ready for the big league.
Just to point something out, you can have essentially a ghetto SM57 by unscrewing the windscreen from the SM58, won't be exactly the same but it can get pretty close.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm