My Traynor has a 1/2 or 2/3 (not exactly sure which one) cab design and I thought I could just plug it up with something cause I've heard closed backs will get a me a more of a tighter sound. I'm thinking I could cut out a board that is slightly smaller than the dimensions of the hole, pad it around the edges and add some sort of a handle so I can take it out and put it back in easily.

Anybody got better ideas or is this whole thing completely stupid and will probably just make it sound worse.
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
it will sound tighter, but it will also make it more compressed, which is why it will be tighter. iono, why dont you just raise your mids? do you want it more compressed?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
And by more compressed you mean less responsive to picking dynamics? Because that would be even better since I's sound pretty sloppy when I play through it as opposed to playing through an SS amp.
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
It'll sound tighter and with better bass response, but I don't think it'll cover up dynamics. But it will sound better*

*Sound is subjective. You may like it, but someone else may not, or vice-versa. See store for details.