Hi guys. I was listening to my rig and there is one thing missing...a phaser OR a chorus pedal. I like the sound that both the pedals make, but I've only tried Boss pedals - closest music store only sells Boss.

Anyways, I want something that is very versatile, but isn't going to mess with my tone much. I've been looking at a Boss "Phase Shifter" pedal, but I'm not sure how good it actually sounds compared to others, because I've never played any others.

P.S. I will be trading my Boss Flanger in for whatever pedal I might get. Also; Does Musician's Friend allow you to try pedals and other gear for a while - perhaps 30 days - and send it back if you don't like it?
An MXR Phase 90 is a great phaser, that one knob is all you need.

The BOSS CH-1 is good chorus. Some people like the Small Clone better but I like the CH-1.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I can say the MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus is a great option it's really amazing. Best chorus sound of the many I tried before buying one. It operates with 18V but comes with its own power supply... or you can use it with 2 9V batteries.

If the MXR is out of budget, then you could try the Rocktron Tsunami (it is like 50% off now in Musician's Friend), is also a very nice soundung chorus, with great features. A bit bulky is the only negative point I can mention about this one.

As a phase pedal I'd go with the MXR Pahse 90 or the Electro Harmonix Small Clone, both of them being great at what they do.

BTW, Musician's Friend gives you 45 days to see if the product match your expectations or not.
Quote by Genghis_khan
BTW, Musician's Friend gives you 45 days to see if the product match your expectations or not.

Awesome! That means I can buy without being scared of getting screwed.

EDIT: OMG This is sooo difficult to choose off of the internet...I'm thinking about the MXR, but it's a little spendy. Then I looked at the Rocktron and it's backordered 'till almost June. Ugh...

Any ideas about how much Musicians Friend would give me for a used, Boss Flanger? It's the version that only does the guitar, so I don't expect much. It's in perfect condition, and doesn't have any flaws at all. It's just the fact that it's a year old.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by The.new.guy
Awesome! That means I can buy without being scared of getting screwed.

EDIT: OMG This is sooo difficult to choose off of the internet...I'm thinking about the MXR, but it's a little spendy. Then I looked at the Rocktron and it's backordered 'till almost June. Ugh...

Any ideas about how much Musicians Friend would give me for a used, Boss Flanger? It's the version that only does the guitar, so I don't expect much. It's in perfect condition, and doesn't have any flaws at all. It's just the fact that it's a year old.

If you can afford it, go with the MXR Stereo Chorus, you will not regret by doing it. About your question with the flanger, no idea, I've never have done this things, normally I keep all my pedals... like a collection thing.
While they're not always the most reliable, Electro-Harmonix makes a great phaser (Small Stone), as well as a great chorus (Small Clone).
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
While they're not always the most reliable, Electro-Harmonix makes a great phaser (Small Stone), as well as a great chorus (Small Clone).

I've heard that, but they don't seem like they would be as versatile as I would want. You know, with only one knob 'n all.
I don't think Musician's Friend accepts trade-ins, unless it was originally bought from them.

And uh, I have heard the Small Clone's not bad.

I myself want the MXR Stereo Chorus, since I too am in the market for a chorus/delay, etc.

Also, I was recommended Digitech Hardwire pedals - now Digitech is kind of frowned upon, but these pedals are pretty cool. Have a look at them.
Quote by The.new.guy
I've heard that, but they don't seem like they would be as versatile as I would want. You know, with only one knob 'n all.
still, i'd try'em. they might just surprise you.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
get marshall Regenerator

im currently waiting on one to come in stock at the store

it has 6 effects, i cant remember in detail, but i know it has phase, chorus and flanger.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

EHX Stereo Mistress. it looks so sweet, totally wish i could get one, but i already have a small clone haha The small clone is still awesome alone, it has a nice sound, and if the rate is up it sounds kinda like a tremolo
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Listen to nightraven, he actually knows what he's talking about.

/$0.02
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild