How do these basses differ? Can you offer me another 6 string bass within a similar price range? Thanks.
sr506 its for me the best 6 string bass in that range second to the spector legend 6, its very very versatile, it has bartolini mk1 pups nuff said

the main difference between these 2 models is the fact that one uses bartolini (the 506) also it has better wood
Last edited by thegiaco2112 at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by silversoulcage
Because I keep specs on random bass guitars memorized.

Links?

Google it, it's hardly difficult.

I'm running abit short on time now so I'll review the situation after school.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
the 506 has the bartolini MK1 pickups, while the 406 has house brand. The 506 has a mahogany body, the 406 seems to be maple.

I have the 505, it's pretty great. Don't think you can go wrong with it, so I would say the 506 over the 406 for sure
Quote by Canadian_basser
the 506 has the bartolini MK1 pickups, while the 406 has house brand. The 506 has a mahogany body, the 406 seems to be maple.

I have the 505, it's pretty great. Don't think you can go wrong with it, so I would say the 506 over the 406 for sure

Absolutely. I've tried the SR506 and I recommend it wholeheartedly.
tbh i played the SR506 today, and i wasnt impressed at all. it was actually somewhat awkward to play cause the body's of Ibanez soundgears are so light and the neck was so heavy it made the bass completely horizontal. also, sitting down with it on my right leg it was wobbling back and forth (not from me, its the weight). ill stick with the 6 string ESP im gonna get, the B206SM. wayy more comfortable and evened out. plus IMO it sounded ALOT better than the Ibanez. ANDDD its cheaper. 450-ish instead of the 600-ish range for the Ibanez. If u find the ESP try it out, ull be surprised
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Played a 506 today after being HIGHLY disappointed in both an MTD and an American Standard Jazz. The sr506 blew me away for 1. Versatility 2. Light Weight and 3. COMFORT!
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I've yet to try the six string model, although I am currently GASing for one and continuosly stalking the adds and forums around here...
I've played the sr505 though. It was really comfy. Not my kind of beast, but man, it played like butter.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
tbh i played the SR506 today, and i wasnt impressed at all. it was actually somewhat awkward to play cause the body's of Ibanez soundgears are so light and the neck was so heavy it made the bass completely horizontal.

really? I just put my 505 on now...and it doesn't dive at all. Does your strap slip a lot?
Quote by Canadian_basser
really? I just put my 505 on now...and it doesn't dive at all. Does your strap slip a lot?

cause thats the 505. the 5 string one. i own a 405QM and its perfectly balanced

the 506 is a 6 string. and since soundgear bodies are so light, and the neck is so big, it just completely threw it off
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet