What are some good intense exercises that get you going and burn off a good amount of calories.

right now i have a basic cardio routine of jump rope and heavy bag work. my problem however is it's starting to get boring and i cant get into it anymore. as far as heavy bag goes i just go for about 3 or 4 rounds and jump i rope in between rounds.

does any1 have any exercise suggestions more specifically for the bag, but any other suggestions would be appreciated too.

and im just concerned with cardio not weights unless its necessary, or it add intensity.
see push up thread

and also bodybuilding thread
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
ive looked at it but i dont recall anything about heavy bag training..
i may be wrong tho
Quote by JT747
im jus not a big runner
thats what im trying to avoid

if its running distances you want to avoid try running sprints?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
i know running is really good for you but i hate it. but idk i might have to consider it
yeah sprints isnt a bad idea.

does any1 have any ideas for the bag?? thats what im really looking for..
Quote by Martindecorum
For proper boxing training you need to do a lot of foot work action

Yep. Also, do you actually care about being good at boxing, or do you just work the bag for exercise?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Do a few rounds of jump rope for a total of half an hour every day, 15 minutes of shadow, 15 minutes of bag work. Then to finish off do abs, pushups, and jumping squats as well as jumping lunges, each for 1 minute. Do one minute of rest, then repeat maybe 3-4 times. What else can you do? That's more than enough. Jog maybe half an hour each morning.

Do you actually know any techniques? You're probably throwing ****ty arm punches at your heavy bag rather than with proper technique. Do all sorts of combos, 1-2's, 1-2-3's, add uppercuts, all sorts of ****.

If you do that every day you'll be in incredible shape.
Last edited by AzureNight at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by AzureNight
Do a few rounds of jump rope for a total of half an hour every day, 15 minutes of shadow, 15 minutes of bag work. Then to finish off do abs, pushups, and jumping squats as well as jumping lunges, each for 1 minute. Do one minute of rest, then repeat maybe 3-4 times. What else can you do? That's more than enough. Jog maybe half an hour each morning.

If you do that every day you'll be in incredible shape.

I wish I had a bag... this sounds like an incredible workout regime
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
I wish I had a bag... this sounds like an incredible workout regime

You can do that workout without a bag. Just do more shadow boxing, half an hour, rather than 15 minutes.
Quote by AzureNight
You can do that workout without a bag. Just do more shadow boxing, half an hour, rather than 15 minutes.

or do the rocky thing and punch some frozen meat
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Century
or do the rocky thing and punch some frozen meat

'Cause I have frozen cows sitting in my basement...
And I hate shadow boxing, its hard on my shoulder that I screwed up during rugby lol.
Anything else I could do to substitute that part all together?
well i dont think my tequnique is terrible, its not perfect but i would not call it ****ty. ive been doing this for a year and haven hurt myself so it cant be that bad. (knock on wood).

and yes you should get one. you can get some good quality workouts with it. only problem is it can get very tedious after a while. for me at least.
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
'Cause I have frozen cows sitting in my basement...
And I hate shadow boxing, its hard on my shoulder that I screwed up during rugby lol.
Anything else I could do to substitute that part all together?

No. Heavy bag would be just as hard on your shoulder. Sounds to me like your technique sucks.
Quote by JT747
well i dont think my tequnique is terrible, its not perfect but i would not call it ****ty. ive been doing this for a year and haven hurt myself so it cant be that bad. (knock on wood).

and yes you should get one. you can get some good quality workouts with it. only problem is it can get very tedious after a while. for me at least.

If you haven't been to a boxing gym and you haven't gotten guidance from a trainer, believe me, your technique is shit.
Quote by AzureNight
Do you actually know any techniques? You're probably throwing ****ty arm punches at your heavy bag rather than with proper technique. Do all sorts of combos, 1-2's, 1-2-3's, add uppercuts, all sorts of ****.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If he wants learn how to do this properly though, he probably needs to think about taking some classes. People think they can manage on their own, but I have seen too much of that and it almost always leads to nothing special.\

EDIT: ^ Ha, I would have been a bit nicer, but that's exactly what I was saying.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

what is shadow boxing? i mean i know that you are basically throwing punches at nothing. but is there a certain way to do it or something? cuz idk if i can do that for 15-30 mins without thinking "this is retarded and boring" and stop
ok but i dont want to become the next champion boxer. im jus looking to stay in shape. and even if i had a good technique like yal say, i think i would still be in the same position im in now. which is im bored with my workout.
Quote by JT747
what is shadow boxing? i mean i know that you are basically throwing punches at nothing. but is there a certain way to do it or something? cuz idk if i can do that for 15-30 mins without thinking "this is retarded and boring" and stop

To be completely honest, the reason you would think that it's boring is because you never really learned the basics of boxing and so your version of it would probably be pretty useless. If done properly it helps with technique, footwork/proper stance and it can also be helpful as far as cardio goes.

edit: Then why boxing? Either try it and take some classes or find something else for you routine.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

because i enjoy hitting the bag rather than going running. i also think and know that boxers are in excellent shape. so even though im not trying to become a pro, i would like to try out some exercises that boxers use to STAY IN SHAPE.
Last edited by JT747 at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by JT747
ok good point. so can you two experts give me any good exercise ideas that dont involve perfecting my technique and becoming a pro??

Alright, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be insulting. All I was trying to say was that you shouldn't be punching the bag aimlessly and honestly that is mostly because you can get injured that way. I still recommend finding some classes to take though and that is because they are great for keeping you motivated.

EDIT: Okay, if you like I will give you a rundown of what I do in my classes to help you get a routine going. I can't do this now (gotta go), but I will try and help if I can. Again, I meant no offense.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Last edited by terrencemaddox at Feb 28, 2009,
ok ill take that into consideration.

when i hit the bag i do circle it while keeping a balanced stance, and i throw different types of punches. i honestly do not think that i "jus aimlesly hit the bag" IMO (which may be wrong it may not) i do have some kind of structure in my workout. no it is not a pro workout but i think you have the wrong idea. i may be wrong but idk.

but either way, my main question is once again: do you have any more ideas for my routine??

ok scratch that then. that sounds good i would apprecaiate that. and dont worry about it.
Last edited by JT747 at Feb 28, 2009,
plyometrics. try the p90x workout version
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
that p90x thing looks pretty intense. i guess the only way to check it out is to pay the $120?
some of the videos are on limewire
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"