seems that all too often, im writing a song, and i just go blank.

just wanna know what everyone does when they hit a brick wall while writing a song...
anything from listening to your favourite bands/musicians for inspiration, to fapping for the fun of it, and coming back with a fresh view.
Play videogames or watch sports. Think of a good rhythm for the action occurring. Record, play, write!
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
I just do something non music related for a while. I hit a brick wall almost everytime I am writing something.
Writers block is nothing more than an excuse, and a poor one at that.
Much more likely is that you're simply not very good at songwriting. This isn't an insult; songwriting is a skill like any other, and it takes enormous amounts of practiced to become proficient at it. I suggest both developing your aural skills (always important) and picking up a few textbooks on harmony and composition. Obviously, use the knowledge you obtain from them to practice songwriting.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Why? If you don't want to write then don't, just let it flow.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.